Chapter 38

-Ace-

Dinner time!

Yes! I'm super hungry. Surprising, I didn't think I'd have much of an appetite after talking about how I might die.

Lux isn't happy with the idea and she keeps trying to tell me not to do it. But the same thing with her not wanting to run the rest of her life just to be with me, I don't want to keep running it in not with her.

Even if I might die.

I got this time with her, so I'm grateful.

"What are you going to eat?" I ask Lux as we make it to our table. If I hadn't promised, I would've made out with Lux when she sat next to me.

She shrugs and slips into the booth. I sit next to her while saying, "Well I think I'll try out some soup."

"That sounds good," she nods as she turns to Ash, who looks so unbelievably without. I'm surprised I didn't see this look earlier, when he was with his daughter, who wouldn't leave him alone.

I think she was afraid of me. She seemed shy, she also seemed tired and went to bed after we had only been there for an hour. Victoria seemed nice, but she also seemed to recognize me from the first meet, when I wouldn't stop ordering refills so I could keep teasing her about how my friend liked her.

I was young. I wouldn't do that again... maybe I would.

"I don't know," he says, pulling a menu closer to himself. He scans it, mumbling the meals under his breath. I grab one of the menus and flip to the soup section.

My mouth begins to water at the sight of the dishes. I can't believe I didn't try any of these before I left. I really regret that.

Lux rubs my sleeve, to get my attention. I set the menu on the table while turning to her, "Yes?"

"The teas are great," she says, nodding. I smile at her and lean closer, "Should we share one?"

She gets closer to my ear, making my heart skip, and says, "I thought you said you wouldn't make a move on me?"

I pout at her and say, "I didn't realize that's what I was doing."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I like you too much."

She moves to look me in the eyes, her cheeks a rosy red. She pushes me away while muttering, "Not here."

I try not to comment on that, but it takes a lot.

"So, you want me to try the tea?" I ask, reading for the menu again. She shrugs and mumbles what I think is, "You're choice."

So sexy.

"Okay, I'll try it if I can pick a drink for you," I whisper. She looks up at me before her eyes jump to Ash, making me turn. I meet a death glare.

It's the worst I've seen, so bad it sends shivers down my spine. I want to joke about it, but I know that'll only make it worse, so I force myself to remain quiet.

"Do you two know what you want," Ash asks, taking his eyes off of me, they're much softer when they're on Lux.

Good, I don't want to punch him.

She shrugs and looks at me. I shrug and look back at the menu, "I just need a bit more time."

"I think I found one that I like, I just want to look at the other options," Lux says, scanning each order. I look over at her menu to see her in the sandwich section.

"Are you going to get a sandwich? When you can get anything?" I ask, scooting closer. She moves further away while saying, "No! I'm just looking."

"I'm not judging," I say sarcastically while sitting back. She rolls her eyes and gives me one of those,'shut the fuck up', smiles. The ones that make my stomach turn.

No, it's everything about her that makes my stomach do little dances. So much, and so often.

"Stop smiling at me like that," she whispers, turning scarlet, "Hey, Ash, I've found what I want."

It takes everything in me not to ask her why.

Vote and comment! :)