A Future

One Month after Smoke and Mirrors
November 24th, 2033

Frank watched as Sabine handed the Darksaber to Bo Katan. She made a speech to a crowd of Mandalorians telling then that the time to take back their planet was now. The group of Mandalorians cheered but Frank was ready to fall asleep. Bo Katan talked too much. When the Mandalorians dispersed Sabine stared at Frank. A mixture of emotions on her face that was hard for Frank to decipher. Micro stood behind her but grew exasperated with his kids trying to get a peek at the man known as the Punisher. Frank understood why Sabine had mixed feelings.

"It's alright Micro. Go be with your family. Thank you for helping deal with the people responsible with me losing my family." Frank said

Micro nodded relieved that he could take his children to their mother and his wife. Sabine laughed and folded her arms.

"You know Frank you have a standing invitation to join us and Micro's family for Thanksgiving dinner. I can convince Jemma Simmons to send a stealth quinjet to an abandoned landing field just outside New York/Lothal to pick you up. Just say the word and I can make it happen." Sabine offered with a smile

Frank returned Sabine's smile with one of his own and Karen appeared wrapping his arms around Frank. She kissed him to Sabine's shock and said, "Frank and I have other plans but thank you for the invitation."

"Don't worry I won't say anything. Thank you for help Frank. You've turned the tide of the Darksaber War in favor of Mandalore and returned the Darksaber to its rightful owners. Wherever your journey takes you...may the Force be with you."

"May the Force be with you, Sabine." Karen replied

"I actually need your boyfriend Miss Page not the Force."

"How did you hijack this feed? You here for revenge?" Frank asked

He stared at Saw Gerrera as if he were a dead man come to life. Unlike Frank Karen didn't have a look of fear because she was confused why the mysterious Rebel extremist Saw Gerrera was able to find and contact Frank to begin with. Frank instinctively reached for his blaster but knew it was no use because Saw Gerrera was in an undisclosed location. He was merely a hologram inside the community center that Curtis Hoyle used for his military veterans support group.

"I'm not here for something as trite as revenge Mr. Castle," Saw Gerrera wheezed in a dry whisper, "I'm here for a partnership. You and those Mandalorians dismantled Agent Rawlins Kandahar conspiracy and that is no small feat. My organization has struggled to cripple Rawlins conspiracy much less destroy it as you have. Rawlins was using his operation to funnel a massive amount of money and supplies to the Director of the ISB. Orson Krennic. Krennic destroyed my home nation Hong Kong/Onderon and stripped mined it for parts to bolster the supply lines of a secret military project called Stardust."

"Wait a minute. Sabine's family home had territory that was being stripped mined for supplies out near the Rocky Mountains. All this strip mining for Project Stardust and using dangerous criminal organizations and smugglers to hide any activity that could be traced back to Krennic by the Imperial Senate."  Gerrera explained

"This is all hyperspit. I'm not going to work you just because some criminal scumbags helped the Empire destroyed your home. I've seen the children that have died because of the bombings your group has done. My friend Curtis Hoyle failed to save a child and lost his left leg because of what you've done. The Partisans may be fighting for their loved ones but the way you go about is crossing a line Gerrera." Frank argued

Gerrera gave a sad mirthful laugh, "Believe me fighting the Empire has eaten away at my soul more than you could possibly know. I'm not here to recruit you Castle. I'm imploring you to a partnership. I will continue the fight against Rawlins superior Director Krennic and you can dismantle the criminal organizations he's using to strengthen Project Stardust. Do we have a deal Mr. Castle?"

Frank Castle exchanged a look with Karen before he replied with, "Fine I'll kill those criminal scumbags but I don't work for you. From now on you call me Punisher. Frank Castle is dead. He died along with his family during a shootout at a carousel."