𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚖𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚛𝚞𝚕𝚎

⇣ 𝚃𝙰𝙺𝙴 𝙼𝚈 𝙵𝙸𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴! ⇡

⇣ 𝚃𝙰𝙺𝙴 𝙼𝚈 𝙵𝙸𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴! ⇡

Elaine could hardly remember why she even set foot on royal grounds. Nothing about her, besides her golden eyes spoke of nobility and richness. All she has is a key dangling from her neck, she doesn't even remember who or the reason why it was given to her in the first place.

And when she tries to remember her footprints she left behind to get here, all but these dumb and useless memories come to mind. Like this one.

A young woman, that she did not know well, stood in front of her; with her eyes that seemed to only focus on the floor. The child followed. A look of shame. Is that what you call it? Shame? Regret? Guilt? Yes it was. She knew that. She was angry. Her chest started to ache. She did not understand. Why should she anyway? Is she not only nine years of age?

"I didn't mean to lie to you. I know you won't understand my words...but."

"Elaine." This was not the same woman's voice from before. The young girl looked up, meeting eyes with someone who's shone more than hers. "Only you can water these flowers," the man said. He was beautiful, almost breathtaking, and yet, a shiver of fear crept up the poor girl's back. It sounded more like an order than a suggestion. Was this a new rule she must follow?

"Are you my papa?" she asked. She didn't know why she even asked that question when she made the claim beforehand. The man shifted in his seat. Pillows of black and silver resided next to him. They were sloppily made, yet perfect when he sat there.

"Did you not make that statement before? Are you regretting your actions?" he asked. Elaine shifted as well. Gripping the slate blue dress. Why is it that whenever someone else does something she must mimic that as well? Could someone tell her to stop? Can someone just...stop. Shut up.

"I know that but..." her lips awkwardly perked up. She was getting all shy again. "I don't know what I was thinking."

"I guess it's just that you're too pretty to me," she guessed putting her hand underneath her chin in a curious manner. In some cases, Elaine was deemed cute when she made such a gesture, all in order to just make everyone in a giddy mood by her looks. She was taught that.

Looking up at the Emperor before her, only but a smirk rests. "I don't know? I think there's a chance for someone else to contain a prettier face. "Do you believe there is no one else as pretty as me?" the Emperor asked. Elaine smiled. "Everyone is pretty to me," Elaine giggled.

"Hmm. Interesting answer." Currently, the Emperor has rested in his formal attire. He continued to stare at his daughter, with only a look of curiosity that seemed one-sided, as Elaine thought of him glaring at her with anger. She did not believe his words to her answer being "interesting."

"Elaine, was it?" The Emperor asked. Elaine nodded. "I'd like to give you a few rules alright? Is that so tiring? I believe what I might tell you isn't going to be too difficult to understand, since your way of speaking is older than someone of nine summers of age."