ii ─ oh.

chapter twooh

trigger warnings ─ internalized homophobia, physical abuse.

"We're alone."

Isen raised an eyebrow at Blyke's statement. Why would they not be alone? They were in Remi's bathroom at 3 in the morning. Should he activate his ability and double check? Why did they even need to be alone-

Oh.

Oh.

He tore his eyes away from Blyke, feeling himself redden as he thought. There was no way. That was impossible. Im-fucking-possible.

"Isen," he whispered. "I want to tell you something." Something in his voice was off. It was filled with yearning.

The orange haired boy looked back at Blyke. Holy shit. He stepped closer towards him. He placed his hand below Blyke's chin, gently lifting his face up. His hand was shaking the entire time. This was happening. Isen was going to do this.

"Don't tell me," he whispered back. He leaned in, slightly tilting his head. He closed his eyes and felt his lips press against Blyke's. They were a bit chapped, but he couldn't give a shit. Isen could feel Blyke's heart beating without his ability. He grazed his fingers down from Blyke's chin to his neck, placing his hand on his shoulder.

Isen pulled away slowly, opening his eyes. He could hear Blyke's breathing. Isen stared into his eyes, not knowing what to say. He could barely see in the dark of the bathroom.

What are you supposed to do when you kiss your best friend?

Blyke grabbed Isen's hood, pulling him back in to close the space. He brushed Isen's hair out of his face with his hand, before going in for another kiss.

Kiss them more, apparently.

Isen kissed him back, but pulled away to turn the light on. He rubbed his eyes as he adjusted to the light. He turned to Blyke, and suddenly everything felt so much more real. He was actually kissing Blyke at 3 in the morning. Isen seized the collar of Blyke's stupid gamer shirt, pulling him against the wall. "You wanted to watch the new Bridge Princess season so we could make out?" he murmured.

"We wouldn't have time this weekend. Rowden," Blyke breathed. He tilted Isen's chin downwards with his hand and pressed their lips again for what felt like the first time. "You two would end up getting spoiled on the internet."

Isen half-smiled before going in to kiss Blyke again. Something about the light was messing with Isen, though. The way he could see the color of Blyke's eyes. The way he could count the amount of tiny freckles on his face. It was so... reminiscent of something. It was too good.

***

A strong hand smacked his cheek. He knew if he powered up things would be worse. Isen sucked in his breath. The man kneeled down on only one knee. "I told you to not go to that boy's house anymore," he growled. "What you do with him..." He activated his ability, slapping Isen again. This time on the arm. He winced, biting his lip. It hurt so much more. "What you do with that damn boy is unnatural. It's fucked up, you hear me?"