6. The dangers of acceptance

"It's finally happening, the zombie apocalypse. Barricade the doors with the bookshelves." Nana commands and they all rush to push the bookshelves to the door. The group struggles to lift the bookshelf.

Y/n rolls his eyes and simply locks the door. "Or just lock the door."

Everybody lets out oh's in realization.

Y/n puts her hands on her head and takes a deep breath as she watches the loud army of fan girls in front of the study room. "Close the blinds." She lazily instructs. Y/n sighs and looks at Atsumu, Osamu, and Suna. "What is this?! How many fan girls do you guys have, and why are they all like this??"

"I don't know?! I mean, I get it. I'm amazing, but there's no need to get all crazy about me, ya know?"

Osamu gives Atsumu a rather harsh nudge. "What do you mean you're amazing? They're here for all of us, dumbass!"

"You don't know that!" Osamu was about to strike Atsumu when Y/n spoke up. "Can't you guys tell them to leave or something?"

"It's not that simple, Y/n," Rintaro explains, pursing his lips.

"It's not that simple? These girls are obsessed with you guys. You're their gods. Your wish is their command!"

"You really think we could make them do anything...?" Atsumu asks and immediately gets hit by Osamu.

"These people... They have a small problem with boundaries. I could make them do my homework for the rest of the year or bake cookies for me every week, but they won't listen if I tell them to give me space."

"Once a girl pushed me down the stairs because she was jealous, I was walking with Rintaro... my cousin," Nelly says. "Yeah, they're crazy-town banana pants." Atsumu comments while having a mini brawl with Osamu.

"How are we supposed to get out?" Y/n babbled as she started to walk in circles around the study room.

"Maybe we can fight our way out?" Nana suggests. Suna peeks through the blinds. "I don't know about that. The crowd is not getting any smaller."

"I have pepper spray in my bag, maybe we can-"

BAM! Suddenly, Roni pops out of the vent, looking exhausted.

They all scream at his sudden emergence.

"I came as soon as I heard!" Roni begins to come out of the vent, startling everybody with his presence. He signals for them to go in. "Come on! I gotta get you guys out."

"Who? What...?" Atsumu, Osamu, and Rintaro give Roni a confused look. "Don't question him." Y/n sighs, "Lead the way, Roni."

Roni excitedly gets in the vent. "Are we seriously going to trust a random dude who came from a freaking vent?" Rintaro argues.

"But Roni isn't a stranger. He's been to several meetings and has been a prominent part of a mission." Nana says, and Y/n and Nelly reluctantly agree. "Wait, is he the one who...?" Atsumu has a realization. Nelly cuts in before he can elaborate. "Technically, he's a part of the club, so there's no reason not to trust him..."

"None of it matters anyway. What matters is that he's our only way out of this room." Y/n explains.

The thuds from the other side begin to get louder, and the door starts to shake. "It's either 5 minutes of vent crawling."

"It's 8 minutes." Roni corrects her.

Y/n rolls her eyes and continues: "It's either 8 minutes of vent crawling or get through that swarm of raging pigs."

The three boys look at the vent, Ronis legs poking out. They frown. They turn to the wall. The door has begun to vigorously thud. Their frown deepens.

Simultaneously, they sigh. "We'll go into the vents." Osamu declares.