// 🅜🅘🅝🅖🅘 🅞🅝🅔🅢🅗🅞🅣 - 🅜🅨 🅛🅐🅑 🅟🅐🅡🅣🅝🅔🅡 //

Author's P

Author's P.O.V

You are intelligent, but some classmates befriend you only to exploit you for homework. You've learned to identify trustworthy friends, but struggle to make new ones. Luckily, Jennie and Gowon have never taken advantage of you...yet.

Current time...

Y/N's P.O.V

It was another day of school, but not so boring because my two friends were showing up. I headed to my locker to store my bag and found my two friends with bright smiles right beside me.

"Whoa! You guys really startled me," I exclaimed.

"Did we?" Gowon asked. I nodded in response..

"You always have to start your day with a sigh of relief after having a panic attack!" Gowon said obliviously.

Jennie asked, "I'm sorry, what was that again?"

"Jennie, don't worry about Gowon's behavior. Let's hurry to class so we're not late for our English teacher," I said as we ran to class. Fortunately, we arrived on time and our teacher had not yet arrived."

In Science Class...

Y/N's P.O.V

Our science teacher arrived 20 minutes late for the practical, which was one reason I disliked attending. Despite being skilled, I lacked interest in the subject. Gowon sighed in annoyance.

Gowon whispered to Jennie and me, "It's been 20 minutes and she still hasn't shown up. I thought she was going to be absent!" We both giggled. Gowon had hoped she would be absent.

"There's always that one teacher who never misses a day," Jennie said.

"Good morning, students. Today we will be making gunpowder. To do this experiment, we need sulfur, potassium nitrate, and carbon. The apparatus required for this experiment has been placed on the tables. As we have 12 students present, we will divide you all into 6 pairs", the teacher said. Gowon, Jennie, and I were not happy with this news.

"I'm sorry, but you can't partner with your friend," she said. Gowon, Jennie, and I were stunned.

When the instructor called out the names, each person stood next to their partner. The pairs were: Jennie and Namjoon, Gowon and Yunho, Wonyoung and Seonghwa, Irene and Wooyoung, Jisoo and Jongho, and Y/N with Mingi. I was uneasy about being paired with Jennie's ex-boyfriend, Mingi, but I pushed the thought aside and focused on the experiment. Mingi soon followed me to our designated table.

"Where should we begin?" Mingi inquired, to which I promptly passed him the book.

"Instead of just handing me the book, you could've simply told me," he said nervously. This guy was getting on my nerves. I don't usually get angry quickly, but it was a science practical - the class I hate the most - and I was paired with my friend's ex-boyfriend, who was talking too much.