26

Hayden knew how she was worried about Tom and how he had dived back into having sex. She knew that it was a big deal. Especially after what had happened. But she was glad.

She knew that things had been working out well between them. And they had been making an effort. Born of them never wanted their little girl to know all that they had been through.

They wanted their daughter to only know happy times. It wasn't always going to be easy. Both Hayden and Tom knew that. But both of them wanted things to work out.

Ella was the most important person to both of them. And neither of them wanted her to ever go through what they had. Their lives hadn't been easy at all. But both of them wanted to make it work.

Hayden was proud of how far Tom had come since his attack. And she felt as though he was a better person. He had become so much more protective of Ella.

Hayden hated how it had taken him going through something so heartbreaking to realise what an amazing father he was.

All she knew was that their lives were finally getting back on track. And Hayden couldn't be more happier.

Morning came and Hayden was lying in bed with Tom. They had just finished having sex. Tom looked to her. "I love you. I hope you know that," he said.

Hayden nodded. "I know. I love you too. More than you can imagine. And Ella loves you too."

Tom kissed her lips and smiled. "I know I've been a different person lately. But I only want the best for you and Ella. You both mean everything to me. And I don't want you hurting like I was," he told her.

"Baby. No one would ever hurt us. we have you to keep us safe," Hayden said as she kissed his lips gently. She smiled. "We love you."

***
Tom and Hayden went into work. Tom grabbed her and kissed her before he walked off with Ella. Hayden saw Megan who walked over. "How's it going there?" She asked.

Hayden nodded and smiled. "It's going good. We've been having sex. And it seems like it's working out. I'm just worried that he's pushed himself into having sex again," she said.

"Have you told him that?"

Hayden shook her head and sighed. "I don't want him to think I'm not happy he's moved on. I am. I'm ever so happy. I just don't want him to pressure himself."

"I get you. But maybe he will be okay if he understands that you're not wanting him to pressure himself," Megan said.

Hayden nodded. Knowing how her best friend was right.

***
Tom looked up as Max walked in. He smiled. "Hey. How's it going?"
Tom asked.

Max nodded. "Good. I've been thinking. And I'm in need of a joint headteacher. I'd have to advertise of course. But I want you to have the job," he said.

"You want to give me a promotion?"

Max nodded. "Of course. You are the only experienced teacher here that I would trust. Take some time. Think it over," he said as he turned and left.

Tom sat there and sighed. He knew a promotion would make things so much better for him and Hayden. But would it also be the undoing of them?