Episode 76 - Firebreak

June 29th 2066 - 18:57 NZST

Brains and Borender's new Zero-X is almost complete. A few weeks ago, when International Rescue was helping out Dr Furnier in the Amazon, around the same time, Penelope and Parker got the help of Professor Moffat to deliver some of the fuel that had been needed to power the T-Drive engine. It was to their horror that one of Moffat's workers had stolen the fuel, the Centrurium-21, as they had been offered a lot of money to sell it to an unknown buyer, who turned out to be Havoc. Penelope and Parker had managed to fully recover the Centrurium-21 but also recruit Moffat to join International Rescue. Moffat agreed to this, partly because it would mean that she will see Brains more often, and she is now doing some final preparations in London before moving to Mateo Island on a permanent basis.

In the Tracy Island lounge, all the brothers and girls, apart from John and Ridley, had gathered as Brains displayed a large hologram that displays the new Zero-X. Alongside the main body of the new ship, there were also holograms of Thunderbirds 1 to 9 and indicators of where they would slot into the large machine. Thunderbirds 1, 2, 3 and 7 would be used as scouting vehicles to scan the large area of the Oort Cloud they would be looking, in order to find Jeff Tracy. Thunderbird 4 would be kept inside Module 6 and used to get into any tight spaces. Thunderbird 5 would act as Mission Control and dealing with all the communications. Thunderbird 6 would hold onto Brains' tools in case any repairs needed to be made. Thunderbird 8 would be used as a medical centre in case Jeff required any medical attention once he had been found. Finally, Thunderbird 9 would hold any heavy lifting equipment that might be required. Only Thunderbirds 10 and Shadow would remain, where Ridley would be diverting any emergency calls to the local emergency services as urgent and it had been decided that there is no need for Thunderbird S as there isn't any need to be covert.

Scott and Virgil share a look as Brains paces back and forth, pressing down of his tablet ever so often.

"Ah," Scott winces, "He looks worried. Don't you think he looks worried?"

"I can't tell," Virgil whispers back, "He always looks like that."

"My review of the new Zero-X is c-complete," Brains announces, "We're now calling it the Zero-XL.

"And?" Marion inquires.

"Oh," Brains notes, realising he hadn't fully explained himself, "And we'll be ready to l-launch on the July 15th date as discussed. The official search for Jeff Tracy begins now."

"Are you serious, Brains?" Nina gasps and smiles.

"Oh, yes," Brains nods, "All of the simulations c-check out. First, we'll need to load in the Thunderbirds, then we'll..."

"Thank you!" Virgil cries and leaps out of his seat to run over to Brains to give him one of his bear hugs.

"Virgil let him breathe," Gordon chuckles from the balcony.

"Oh, sorry," Virgil awkwardly coughs, releasing Brains. Suddenly, before anything else could be said, the emergency alarm goes off and the hologram of the Zero-XL disappears and is replaced by a hologram of John.

"Sorry to interrupt, Brains," John announces, "But we have a mission report from Thunderbird 10. We have a situation."

5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Thunderbirds are Go!

"Lay it through, Thunderbird 5," Kayo says. John nods and his hologram disappears and is replaced by a fireman.

"This is Chief Carter, of the Anasta Forest patrol," the woman states, "We have an outbreak of fires on the ground."

"Chief Carter, this is International Rescue," Scott introduces, "Do you need assistance?"

"My squad can handle the fires near town, but we need help with the rescue on the ground. Listen to this," Carter replies and forwards an audio message.