Asher 36 0.5 | In Which I Wish Her A Happy Birthday

•••

"Addalynn?" I ask into the night as I stare at her closed window. She had turned her lights off just about an hour ago. And I had been lying in my room, glancing over, wishing to see her pretty face just once.

But the curtains were drawn, blocking her from my view. I couldn't complain or lie here and wonder why she never shoved away her curtains anymore, to openly stare at me like she usually would.

I had caused this situation. I was the one making her miserable. Yet I couldn't help but wonder if she wouldn't just look into my room once, anyways. I had gotten so used to it by now that I liked her piercing gaze on me.

I missed it.

I was the one who had pushed her away, though. I had been the one to hurt her repeatedly just because I couldn't bear the thought of her liking Xander.

It was tearing me apart slowly.But this was for the best. If I made her hate me, she wouldn't linger around me.

And I wouldn't have the chance to fall for her any harder than I had already fallen for her?I stand up, looking at the clock.

"In eleven minutes, you are turning 18, buttercup," I say out loud before walking over to the window.

"Addlaynn?" I call out again, only to get no response. Climbing out, I make my way over before pushing her window open.

Then I proceed to throw my legs over and climb in. I make sure to be quiet as I scan the room.

Everything is like the last time I was here when I climbed in to see why she wasn't home yet.

The walls are painted in a dark blue color, her favorite. Her desk is placed in one corner, closet in the other.

Her bed is on the right side of the room, shielding her from my view from the window.

When my eyes land on Addy, I can't help the smile that overtakes my face. Her blanket is thrown to the floor as she lies sprawled out on her back in her Shaun the Sheep onesies.

Her black hair is a mess around her petite frame, mouth slightly open as she sleeps peacefully.

I walk over and sit down on her bed as I stare.So fucking beautiful.Taking her hand in mine, I look at our clasped hands.

"I am fucking sorry. I am jealous, I admit it. I know I should have handled it better but I feel so frustrated.

I just want you all to myself.

I push a strand of hair away from her face.Just as the clock ticks twelve, I bend down and peck her on the lips for the last time.

"Returning the favor, buttercup. Happy birthday. May all your birthday wishes come true."