Transformation

The next day as Leah opened her eyes she drowsily look to her night table, there was a new rose button on the vase and ... a letter. He had written her back, she was afraid he wouldn't, she stared at it for the longest time her heart pounding, she was scared of opening it, what if ...

-"Get a hold of yourself Leah, you won't change what it says just by looking at it, and you won't know what it says unless you open it"- she scolded herself mentally as she reluctantly stretched her arm to get a hold of it –"Leah, stop shaking, breathe and for the love of God open it."- She had to command herself to open the letter after she froze holding it for a couple of minutes.

She closed her eyes as she sighed and opened the letter at last, as she read I she wasn't surprised at all at Loki's confession about doubting to take her letter in the first place, but she was surprised by the formal tone he used to continue –"Dammit Loki, I'm not one of your diplomatic missions.-she thought annoyed though it lasted short as she started reading Loki's recollection of her ... she didn't even wanted to give it a name, it was still too fresh on her memory and still felt scared thinking about it.

As she kept reading her expression jumped from swooned to sad and angry depending which part she was reading. She blushed about his reference of the Princess Bride, he had seen her sleeping with Tony, it didn't matter what he wrote, she knew he was jealous.

She growled in frustration as she clenched her fists around the letter looking at the ceiling –What was I thinking? - She motioned herself –I shouldn't had let Tony talk me into this.- She whispered between clenched teeth, she stayed still for a couple of minutes with a frown on her face until suddenly she started giggling which grow into full laughter. When she finally finished laughing she dried the tears that had rolled from her eyes and pulled a writing pad and some blank paper sheets from a drawer in the night table.

-Nice try Loki, just enough truth to make me buy it, but you are becoming careless, why would you practically admit being jealous if you really had no hope for us.

Didn't you thought I was paying attention to all of your stories? The art of giving everyone what they think they want, didn't you define politics that way? Well baby, I've been living with 5 of the most wanted bachelors in the world, not to mention handsome, interesting, preety much capable of taking care of me and our baby, any woman's dream ... and one of them is filthy rich, better make that two, I'm quite sure Thor could pile up quite a considerable amount as an asgardian prince, are you following me? All heroes and through all these months the only man I'm interested is you.

Do you think that's gonna change because you are asking me too? Really? We were together for how long? Half a year perhaps? Don't you know me? Do you ever remember me changing my mind just because?

I'll agree with you, at this moment IO don't see a way for us to be together, but that doesn't mean that we'll never find one.

All I know for sure is that you can't let me go any more than I can, if not why the roses?

If there was a moment I should've stop loving you it was the night you sent me back after you promised me you wouldn't, if that didn't made me hate you and look comfort somewhere else, what will?

So, please if you write me back, don't ask me again to forget you, I don't know how to do that. And more important I don't want to.

I'm done begging, you'll do what you want to do as always, I was a fool to think otherwise.

If you find a way to be present at your daughter's birth you'll be here, I want to believe that. If you can't I'll still believe it was because you couldn't find a way.

I know, I spoiled your plan, and I'm not sorry at all –

She stopped for a moment uncertain there was anything else to say, why is it so cold? She was too concentrated on the letter she hadn't noticed she was shivering, suddenly a voice made her jump, she had been too distracted to notice Bruce and Thor entering the room.