Doom's Code of Honor

"I don't understand why did you insisted on waiting until we were aboard the hellicarrier." Loki growled still annoyed.

"Because if things had gotten out of control we might have well advertise what we did in Okanjo's base. Now stop pouting if you don't want to do it then don't." Fury answered irritated.

Loki huffed exasperated. "Let's just get this over so I can leave."

"I'll get Doom and then you can be on your way." Fury volunteered showing Loki into the meeting room.

Loki walked in and watched Fury walk away before sitting down. He growled irritated. "Curiosity killed the cat. No wonder why I've never liked that midgardian saying when the real danger comes from not knowing." He wryly admitted to himself.

"Leah would freak out if she knew I was doing this ..." He sighed. "I wonder how is she? Fury said he would tell Andrew that our mission had been successful. It's likely he already told her, I wish I had seen her face when he did."

Suddenly his thoughts were interrupted by Fury entering to show Doom in.

Loki stood up instinctively, for a moment both Doom and him held each other stare without saying a word.

Fury stepped in and reminded then. "We are here to talk, remember? Nothing more. If any of you forget about it may I remind you I have enough fire power here to contain both of you." His last words made both Loki and Doom look at him sternly.

"Let's talk." Doom was the first to speak as he invited Loki to sit with a movement of his hand.

"Yes, talk." Loki agreed as he sat down.

"I'll leave you alone." Fury informed them before walking out.

"What do you want?" Loki asked without preamble.

"As Fury said, to talk." Doom volunteered.

"I don't think we have nothing to talk about after what you did." Loki huffed angrily.

"That's where you are wrong Loki." Doom contradicted him. "Unlike you or the rest of our villainous friends I have a code of honor to which I proudly adhere at all times."

"Please Doom! Don't give me that crap!" Loki spat irritated.

Doom discarded Loki's remark. "As I was saying I follow this code to keep myself above ... well, the rest of you. Regretfully I must admit that in the heat of the battle I ... failed to do so. Now, I ... I fear I have acquired a debt of honor with you; one I intent to pay.

Loki looked at Doom baffled. "Pay? What do you think that you can just throw some money at me and make it better? What you took from me can't be restored!"

"Don't be foolish; I would never resort to something as crude as money to settle this." Doom spat offended. "I can't undo what I did but I can give you my word I won't try to harm you or your child again. That seems payment enough."

"Your word?" Loki questioned bewildered. "And I'm supposed to believe it?"

"Yes, you are." Doom plainly asseverated. "I will not fail to abide to my code again."

Loki looked at Doom pensively. "How can I know this isn't a trap to make me lower my guard?"

"I'm Victor Von Doom, ruler of Latveria. You will not doubt my word Loki Laufeyson." Doom voiced enraged.

Loki almost busted laughing at Doom's melodramatic display but refrained himself from doing so. Taking a deep breath, he calmly pointed out. "You know this doesn't make any sense to me."