Lost

"... on the other hand your genes seem to have excellent compatibility match with magic." Doom had her cornered, she could feel his breath over her skin. Leah's heart rate increased as she tossed restless in her dream, she was helpless.

Suddenly Doom raised his hand to caress her cheek.

"You know you are trapped." He mocked her.

"No!!!" Leah screamed in her dream waking herself up, she immediately sat up shaking, her breathing was accelerated, cold sweat enveloped her. Suddenly she was acutely aware of her surroundings, it wasn't the Avengers Tower, where was she?

Loki had woken up when he heard Leah scream and swiftly wrapped his arms around her, it wasn't the first time she had a nightmare but she never screamed herself awake before. "Leah, you are all right. It was only a dream" He tried to comfort her.

Leah was startled by his touch, out of reflex she tried to wriggle herself out of his embrace scared. "Leah! Leah, stop fighting! It's me Loki." He raised his voice as he hold her closer.

"Loki?" Leah turned her head towards the sound of his voice. "Loki! Thank god." She turned to hug him.

Loki could feel her shaking as she hold him tightly, he could even hear her heartbeat running fast.

"What happened?" she asked him, but before he could answer her question she quickly asked him more, "Where are we? Where's Eerika? What happened with Fury?"

Loki hold her by her shoulders as he looked into her eyes he asked her. "What's the last thing you remember?"

"Fury wanted to arrest me for stabbing Doom ..." Leah doubted for a moment. "I pointed an arrow against him, he draw his gun at me, but why would I do that?"

"And before that?" Loki asked hopeful, maybe her memories were starting to come back.

Leah frowned as she tried to remember, there was a big gap she couldn't fill in; finally she told him "Doom was pushing me to get into his aircraft and I fell. She looked at him dubious, she had a feeling her answer was wrong.

Loki sighed disappointed, her memories were still incomplete; he proceeded to explain her what happened during her quarrel against Fury, where they were and Eerika' s and Clint's current whereabouts.

"Can I see her?" she asked him anxiously, she longed to hold her in her arms.

"Sure, she's probably asleep but we can go to the nursery if you want" Loki agreed with a smile.

As Leah moved a sharp pain came upon her, it was her chest, she had no memory of her broken ribs.

Loki cursed himself mentally for forgetting about her wounds as he told her "Wait, let me help you with that" A green aura travelled from his hand towards her wrapping her up completely.

Leah looked surprised, the pain was gone. "What did you do?" She asked as she touched her chest to make sure it didn't hurt any more.

"I only speeded nature's course" He answered glad she wasn't in pain any more.

Soon they were on their way to the nursery which was only a door from their room, Leah admired amazed the golden letters in the door. As they walked in they were met by Clint who was in a rocking chair cradling a sleeping Eerika in his arms. He put a finger on his mouth cautioning them for silence as he whispered "She just fell asleep a few minutes ago." Then he added. "I'm glad to see you back on your feet, I'm guessing Loki healed your wounds."

"Yes, he did." Leah whispered back as she watched her daughter attentively.

"Do you want to carry her?" Clint asked with a smile.