Nightmare

It was the middle of the night, everyone should've been asleep; but someone wasn't. Barefooted steps echoed along the hallway, ragged breath, for a pregnant woman she was really fast, only one thing occupied her mind.

-"I got to see Loki. IO need to. They won't understand."- She was wearing a maternity pale blue night gown, her hair was loose, entangled curls hanged in disorder around her face hiding her tears stricken cheeks.

As she got near she remembered Steve was on watch in the cell control panel, they've had been taking shifts just in case.

-"Please Steve, let me in"- She pleaded mentally, she would be able to get to the cell's corridor without any issue, Tony had given her the code so she would be able to get in and talk to Loki whenever she wanted; but this night, this night just talking to him wouldn't do, she desperately needed his comforting presence, she craved for the safety that Loki's arms promised.

Inside the cell Loki also felt restless, something told him that something was wrong. He was sitting on his bed pensive when Leah rushed in.

-Leah! What's wrong? - He worryingly asked her as he stood up in a hurry to meet her.

-Nightmare.-She manage to say between gasps as she tried to catch her breath.

Loki's eyes widened, it had to have been a very bad one to make her run to him in a hurry.

-It was only a dream, it can't hurt you now.-Loki said trying to calm her, if only he could held her in his arms like he used to every time a nightmare awoken her, he knew they could shake her up very badly, and he couldn't recall seeing her so agitated about one before.

She nodded her head negatively –You don't know.-Then she turned to the place she knew a camera was hidden and raised her voice –Steve, let me in please.-She pleaded.

Steve who had been watching the whole scene with a frown on his face answered through the intercom –You know I can't Leah.-

-Please, I need him.-Leah broke up in tears as she felt to her knees.-You won't understand, I didn't thought I was capable, but I was. Oh my god! Why? Why did I did it?-She was shaking badly.

-Leah, what are you talking about?-Loki asked worryingly as he knelt by her side.

-I did it Loki, I did it. I knew exactly what I was doing and nevertheless I did it. - Leah whimpered in total despair. –Please, let me in, let me in, I need to get in.-

Loki's heart shrank at her painful cries, it might be useless but he had to try.-He turned to the same spot Leah had spoken up a few moments ago and pleaded. –Please, I beg of you, let her in. She's in pain, can't you see that?-Then he turned back to look at her. –Leah, it will be al right, whatever happened it will be all right.-

Steve was deeply conflicted, Leah really looked in bad shape; whatever her nightmare was about it certainly had stricken her heart with fear, he raised his hand over the cell's button still undecided when another hand press it as a voice said.-Leah, Loki stand back, I'm opening the door, as soon as you can get in Leah, I'm closing the door right behind you. Loki stay back until it's closed.-

Steve looked surprised at Bruce.

-You were going to let her in anyway.-He simply stated.

-You're probably right.-Steve acknowledged.

Both Leah and Loki obeyed Bruce's instructions to the letter, as soon as she was in she ran into Loki's arms crying –I'm sorry, I'm sorry.-She shrieked.

-What for? You haven't done anything! - Loki answered distraught by her crying.

-But I did! - Leah whined. – I'm sorry!-