Chapter Three

"It's a boat!" Pope pointed at the boat. "Holy shit." Kiara whispered as she stepped back and pulled off her shorts so that she was left in her bathing suit. "He's right. Let's go." Valerie took her shirt off, being left in her bathing suit, and jumped into the water. Kiara followed shortly after. John B pulled his shirt off and quickly jumped in. Kiara cheered as she began swimming to the boat. "Guys, wait up!" Pope was the last one in the water. "Get your ass in here, Pope!" JJ shouted. Once Pope was in the water, everyone dived down to get a closer look at the boat. They only looked for a few seconds before going to the surface. Everyone gasped once their heads were above the water. "You guys saw that?" JJ smiled. "Yeah, I did." Valerie laughed as she couldn't believe they had found a boat. "Yeah." Pope and John B both said. Kiara nodded with a huge smile on her face.

"What the..." John B and JJ laughed together. "That's a Grady-White. A new one of those is like 500 Gs, easy." JJ said as they swam back to the boat. "Okay!" John B said once everyone was back on the boat. "That's a primo rig." JJ said. "Yeah, that's the boat I saw when I surfed the surge." John B looked at Valerie who nodded standing next to him. "I saw it too." She smiled. "Yeah. Maybe it hit the jetty or something." John B said. Kiara looked at John B and Valerie. "You two surfed the surge?"

"Yeah." John B replied. "I didn't. I stood on the beach." Valerie said as Kiara nodded at her. "That's my boy. Pogue style." JJ and John B high fived each other. "What the heck?" Kiara looked at Valerie. Valerie just shrugged as she walked over to Kiara. "Wait, wait. Do we know whose boat that is?" Pope asked. "No, but we're about to find out." John B said with a smirk. JJ peered into the water at the boat. "Dude, it's too deep." JJ commented. "Oh, for the weak and feeble, JJ." John B pulled out the anchor. "Well, I'm not resuscitating you. I'm just making that clear up front." JJ held up his hands.

"That's fine." John B held the anchor in his hands. "John B." Kiara said sternly. "What?" John B laughed. Kiara sighed as a response. "Diver down, fool." Pope saluted John B. "Diver down." John B replied as he saluted Pope back. "Yeah, he is." JJ quickly said as he pushed John B into the water. "Okay, that was not needed." Valerie said as she walked next to JJ and peered into the water waiting for John B to resurface. Pope, Kiara, and JJ all kneeled around her. It had been a few minutes since they had seen John B.

"Should we go get him?" Pope asked. Before anyone could reply, John B resurfaced in front of them and started coughing. "Oh, my god. That took forever!" Kiara said to John B. "Ah, jeez. Any dead bodies?" Pope asked. "Looting potential?" JJ asked right after. "No. No. I found this motel key." John B held up the motel key and showed the other four pogues. "Uh, a key." Pope didn't seem to be amused. "Yes, a key, Pope." John B replied fast. "Great, we salvaged a motel key." JJ pulled up and anchor as John B got out of the water.

"Do you guys think we should report the wreck to a coast guard?" Valerie asked looking around. "Obviously. Maybe we'll get a finders fee." Kiara said. "Yeah. and not have to work all summer. Thanks, Agatha, ya batch." JJ said as Pope headed to the docks. The five pogues had put their clothes back on and walked to the coast guard. John B and JJ walked in while Valerie, Pope, and Kiara waited outside. "Do you think they're looking for a boat?" Valerie asked as she leaned against the pole outside. "Who knows." Kiara shrugged. Soon enough, John B and JJ walked back outside.

"Well, I assume that went well." Pope said sarcastically. "So, what's the plan?" JJ walked next to Valerie and rested his arm on her shoulder. "I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns that boat." John B waved the motel key around. "We don't know whose room that is. It could belong to anyone." Pope argued.

"I'm in." JJ snatched the motel key from John B and threw it to Kiara who caught it with a smile. "Come on. I'll be lookout." Kiara waved the key around as JJ and Valerie began to walk off. "Finder's fee. Just sayin'. And hey, at least you'll only be an accomplice." John B patted Pope's shoulder before following his other friends. "Man." Pope sighed as he followed John B. John B turned to him with a smirk. "Come on, bubba."