Chapter Eleven

The next day, everybody got on the HMS Pogue and went for a ride. Valerie sat next to Kiara on the side of the boat. JJ whistled gaining the pogues' attention. "You guys see that? That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality, and performance. 200k, easy." JJ kept glancing at the boat. "Again, you know so much random shit, but you can't seem to know what's actually important." Valerie commented. JJ looked at her, pulling his sunglasses down a little and raising his eyebrows. Valerie laughed while JJ put them back on his face.

"We picked the wrong parents." Pope commented. "I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend." Kiara said. Everyone watched the boat. Topper stared straight ahead while Sarah put her sunglasses on her head and looked out into the distance. "You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch." Kiara rolled her eyes. "Look, we're almost at Kiara's to drop the boat off. Don't worry about them." Valerie looked at John B who nodded. The pogues had already made a plan before getting onto the boat that morning. The plan involved Kiara's mom's car and the boat.

*time skip*

"Alright, keep a lookout. We're behind enemy lines." JJ commented. John B pulled up to where JJ worked. The Kooks were the only ones with internet since they had backup generators. The cut did not resulting in no internet at all. "Yo, come on, man. Just put it back." John B said when he noticed JJ had pulled out the gun and started to load it. "What?"

"JJ." John B looked at the boy next to him. "You can never be too careful." Kiara opened the door and let everyone who was in the back hop out. "Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon to a four-star hotel will likely cause more problems." Pope leaned on the passenger side door. "Thank you, Pope." John B pointed at the boy. "I swear to god, I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean, JJ. Put it back." Kiara snapped at him. John B grabbed the barrel of the gun and put it away. "There you go." Pope smiled and opened the door. "You can't grab a gun like that." JJ said. "Can't forget my badge. Professional busboy." JJ grabbed his badge before getting out of the twinkie.

"So, where are we going now?" Pope asked. "We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now." JJ explained. "This way!" JJ guided the four pogues. JJ walked through the back leading the group through the kitchen. "Andrew! What's up, bro?" JJ asked the cook who nodded. JJ turned a corner trying to steal food from what another cook was making. "Mama L!"

"JJ, No." The cook slapped JJ's hand with the spoon that was in her hands. "Mhm." JJ rolled his eyes. John B's jaw dropped when he noticed all the food. He realized that he or any of the other pogues hadn't eaten in days. "See, they got the backup generators going? Kooks don't miss a beat." JJ commented as he lead the pogues through a hallway. JJ looked around before opening a door and letting the rest of the pogues in. "Sweet lord, the internet!" Pope quickly ran to a computer. "I've missed you." Pope sat down in the chair. "Let me get in there. Gotta check out my Insta models." JJ ran next to Valerie after he closed the door. "We don't have time for that." Valerie whispered to him. "What, you jealous? I look at you too, Val. Don't worry." JJ went to type on the computer but Pope swatted his hands away. "Remind me to block you later." Valerie rolled her eyes.

"Hey, hey, hey! I got the map." John B pulled out the map with the coordinates and placed it on the table next to Pope. "Coordinates, please?" Pope asked. "34° 57' 30" north. 75° 55' 42" west." John B read. "Boom, continental shelf right there." John B pointed at the screen. "Well, if it's off the deep end, it's not gonna be much of a treasure hunt, is it?" Pope asked as he started to zoom in. "Come on, baby." JJ whispered. He quickly whipped his head when he heard voices outside, making sure the coast was clear. "Shit, it's on the high side. It's only 900 feet." John B pointed out. "That's not too deep." JJ commented. Pope turned to him with a scrunched face expression. "Is that doable or something?" Kiara asked. "Yeah, totally doable." JJ answered her.