Ch.TwentyThree

Lexie knew how she had told Freddie how she thought she was pregnant. She knew that things were hard for her.

She didn't know how to feel about that she was possibly pregnant. she knew how she needed to take a test and find out once and for all. But it was too hard.

She was scared that if she was pregnant, everything would change. she didn't even know if Freddie would want her and their baby.

She felt as though she was alone. She had done something so horrific. But she didn't feel bad. Paul had to die.

She knew how Alexa had been on her side. She had been talking her into taking the pregnancy test.

Lexie knew how she had the test. But she was scared. She knew that she needed to take it. She just needed to pluck up the courage.

It wasn't going to be easy if she was pregnant. But she had to make it work. Or she hoped. She would need to talk to Freddie to see what he wanted to do.

She didn't know if he would want to keep the baby. She didn't know his thoughts on being a father. It was hard for her to know as they hadn't talked about it.

Things had changed so much between them. And she was scared of all that would change if they did keep the potential baby.

All she knew was that things had changed. And she was worried about how she and Freddie would survive.

Morning came and Lexie woke in bed alone. She looked to see his jacket was still there. She got out of bed and sighed.

She left the bedroom to see Freddie sitting on the sofa. "Hey. Can we talk?" She asked.

Freddie nodded and kissed her. "You can talk to me about anything."

Lexie sat on his knee and sighed. "This baby. If there is one. What do you wanna do about it?" She asked.

Freddie looked to her and sighed as he kissed her. "I don't know. I feel like I wouldn't be as good as mg dad was. He was amazing to me and my brothers."

Lexie nodded. "I understand that completely. I feel like I'd be a crap mum. My mum was amazing with me. But I just can't be a mum."

"Let's find out if you're pregnant first of all. Before we even start worrying about being parents or not," Freddie said.

***
Lexie went out into the village. She saw Alexa who smiled. "Hey you. Have you taken the test yet?" She asked.

Lexie shook her head. "Freddie and I are going to take it tonight. I'm just scared," she said.

Alexa nodded and smiled. "I get you. If you are pregnant, you're going to be a brilliant mummy. I know you've got it in you," she told
Her.

"Thanks Lexa. I just... I don't know. I'm scared and I don't know if Freddie even wants a baby."

"You both have to talk it through. No point making choices about something that may not exist yet babes," Alexa said.

***
Lexie and Freddie were sitting in the bedroom together. Lexie had just taken the test. She sighed. "I'm so scared," she said as she looked to him.

"Whatever that says. I'm here for you."

The timer went off on Lexie's phone. But was she pregnant or not?