Headcount

So from this point onward we will be following the MTMTE story line with of course shenanigans and such in between. 

Issue #31

If Ratchet was shocked he didn't outwardly show it, unlike most of the bots on the Rodpod. Upon noticing that the Lost Light had in-fact disappeared, Ratchet set you on the control console with a firm warning not to touch anything. A red bot with a yellow faceplate had taken over the controls from Megatron, who was trying to maintain order, so far it wasn't working.  Everyone was at each others throats blaming each other even though it was obvious no one had a clue what had happened. A small group had started to discuss the specifics of Quantum Engines and how they worked, whatever they were. Currently Nautica was trying to explain how said Quantum Engines actually worked.

"In essence, Quantum Engines work both for and against themselves. Being able to travel faster that light is highly improbable, and its what improbability- That tension between what should and shouldn't be possible-" Nautica paused trying to find the right words, "-Which generates the huge amount of power needed to relocate the engines' mass and conceptual heft."

"Define "conceptual heft," Getaway stated raising his arm like he was in a classroom.

"The heaviness of the idea," Nightbeat responded before Nautica could.

"What? You just said exactly the same thing with different words," Getaway replied.

"And you've just defined a definition," Nightbeat replied with a smirk.

"If I sit next to you too long, am I going to die of smartass poisoning?" Getaway asked. You laughed at the immaturity of the two bots and Nightbeat just seemed happy at the fact that you no longer looked completely terrified. Nautica continued to ramble about Quantum technology and you zoned out going back to looking out the window.

"-But what if, the more advanced the Quantum Engines the more unlikely they are to exist... Until, one day, they don't," Nautica sated reading a line of some form of writing that was on the board behind her, "That's what I think happened to the Lost Light: I think it proved itself impossible,"

Several bots mumbled and talked amongst themselves at the revelation, most finding it about as ridiculous as you did. Granted you didn't quite understand the technology or the terms but one thing you were sure of that something as advanced as what was discussed couldn't prove its on existence impossible. Megatron had moved away from the control console and was staring out into the stars before finally speaking.

"We may not have established the cause of the Lost Light's disappearance, but the effect is obvious:" Megatron paused letting everyone digest what he had just said before continuing, "We're spread across a dozen short-range shuttles (of which this vanity project of a ship is undoubtedly the most ridiculous), and we're floundering. We need to regroup, refuel, and work out how to find Thunderclash without the benefit of faster-than-light travel." 

"Hold that thought. Incoming message from Rodimus," The red bot in front of you said, "He's saying there's an A Level planet nearby... Ofsted XVII, edge of Sector 113. We're to rendezvous there. He asking who's on board. "If Megatron was half the co-captain he thinks he is he'd get his act together and-" Sorry lost him mid-insult.

"Everyone stand still while I carry out a headcount," Megatron stated before turning and quickly going down the line of bots, " I hope this puts paid to the notion that I ignore everything that my "co-captain" says on the grounds that he's lazy petulant, and pathologically ill-suited to command... Highbrow makes 21."

You moved a little further down the control console just to get away from the busy bot that had been identified as Blaster. A few bots were discussing the difference between a Lectureworld and Smartplanet. You sat down watching everybody move off to there own groups, very much aware of the watchful gaze of the medic on you. The lights suddenly cut out but before you could even make a sound they were back on. You looked around confused as to what happened.