Chapter 6

"You large coke and burger with fries."

Rafe is still in a daze, only barely able to pay attention to Y/n as she places his food and drink in front of him. He is too busy staring at her and imagining the possibilities of a life with her. He's starting to feel a bit lightheaded, and he tries to shake it off so he can focus on eating.

"Don't forget to tip well..", y/n walks away to serve her other tables.

Rafe nods, still looking at Y/n as she walks away. He tries to snap himself out of his fantasies and focus on eating. But it's hard - he's too busy imagining what it would be like to have her in his arms, kissing him passionately... to be alone with her, to hold her tight and never let her go... to love her more than anything else in the world...

Rafe can't even eat - he's too distracted by thoughts of Y/n. It's like he doesn't even notice the food or the drink on the table in front of him. All he can think about is having her all to himself - to kiss her, and to live the rest of his life with her, loving her more with each passing day. He craves her touch, her skin against his, her lips against his. He wants to lose himself in passion and love. She is the love of his life, and he can't imagine what it would be like without her...

Y/n walks back to his table, "Was the burger not good, you don't seem to have eaten it?"

"Huh? Oh... sorry, I was just thinking about something." Rafe admits, a little embarrassed that he has seemingly been staring off into space for quite a while.

"I forgot about the food, to be honest." he continues, trying to play it off coolly. He looks at his food, and he realizes that he actually is pretty hungry. He looks up at Y/n and smiles sheepishly, and he starts to eat his burger. He takes a bite and smiles with a mouthful of delicious cheeseburger. He swallows and wipes his mouth with a napkin.

Y/n laughs, "Alright then Rafe"

Y/n smiles sweetly and takes a fry off Rafe's plate, much to Rafe's surprise. He was not expecting her to help herself to his food, but he doesn't seem to mind. In fact, he thinks it's adorable and it just makes him want her even more.

"What are you doing?" he asks in a playful and flirty tone. "That's mine..."Y/n laughs and nods, taking another fry off of his plate and putting it in her mouth.

"Think of it as compensation as me not kicking you out of the restaurant right away.." y/n grins down a him.

Rafe feels butterflies in his stomach as he looks at Y/n standing above him, taking his fries, and feeding them into her mouth. He can't help but feel attracted to her, and he loves how bold she is in going after what she wants. He decides to play along with her teasing.

"You can compensate me however you want." he says, smiling at her and licking the ketchup off of his lips. "I bet you taste even better than these fries."

"Watch it Rafe... I thought you hate Pogues?" Y/n grins down at him.