Chapter 20

ᴊᴀᴍɪᴇ ᴘᴏᴠ

The next day, I woke up with a single goal in mind, to find Kit.

I did leave my dad's house and ignored his, Evan's and even Hanna's calls, knowing exactly why all of them were calling, I couldn't talk to any of them, even Hanna, which I had felt guilty about.

I spent the night at my mom's and stepdad's new place that they had just moved into, and after sleeping on the sofa for the night, I'd admit, it reminded me of sleeping in Kit's bed.

"Morning, babe." My mom said, coming into the living room, where I was folding a blanket she had given me.

"Hey." I look at her, seeing her holding two cups in hand.

"Sorry about the sofa, the spare bedroom is still in need of my magic touch." She smiled, handing me a cup of coffee. "Have you spoken to your dad yet?"

I accepted the coffee but put it down on the coffee table, and then shook my head. "No."

"I can't stay mom, I need to go do something," I said, watching her face slowly drop.

"Jamie, your dad's worried, he's already called me three times... THREE times Jamie." She sighed, rubbing her temple.

"I'm worried too, you showed up last night and didn't tell me anything, seriously... you and your dad are more alike than you know." She sat down, and sipped her coffee, shaking her head.

I didn't want to hear that right now, I was nothing like that man, who hides the truth behind bullshit words like 'protect' and 'future'

I knew I was imposing on my mom, not telling her anything was my choice because of how difficult I find talking about something I didn't fully understand what was going on.

Kit had left so abruptly yesterday and he had said some shit that still repeats in my head, I didn't want to talk about it.

Talking about it would only make what he said real.

"Look, mom, if he calls again just ignore him."

"You know I can't do that Jamie."

I felt my phone ring, again, in my pocket and when I took it out to see who it was, I pressed cancel and then put it back in my pocket.

"Donovan?" My mom asked, and I shook my head.

"Evan."

I rubbed my face tiredly and then looked at the time on my wristwatch, seeing that it was 6 AM and if Kit was home, I could catch him before he left for the day.

"I need to go." I looked at my mom, before slipping on the shoes I had left beside the sofa.

"I'll... tell you about it later, I promise."

With that, my mom stood up and hugged me and then kissed me on the side of my cheek, then I pulled away and went to the front door, where I saw my stepdad coming down the stairs. With a nod, I left the house before any more questions came my way.

I got into my car and then pulled into the driveway and then headed towards Kit's apartment that was near the school, thinking of what to say when I eventually do see him.

As I drove to his apartment, I went over everything he said last night to try and find flaws in what he and my dad said, as nothing made sense, not when Kit told me more than once that he really 'liked me'.

He said I made him a better person.

Now that I think about it, I really should have asked about what he meant by that.