Chapter 27

ᴊᴀᴍɪᴇ ᴘᴏᴠ

When I first got to France, the first thing I did was hit a club the moment I left the airport.

Newly graduated, a self loathing 'rich kid' looking for an escape, I didn't think twice about anything or anybody, I wanted that escape to the everyday normal life a 'normal ' person easily achieved.

For a while, I was normal, nobody knew me, I was riding a new high experiencing who I was here, and what I could achieve while away from prying eyes.

As much as it pained me, I went no contact with my family, especially after what my dad did, to make Kit leave.

Now... that feeling that I had everyday up until I met Laurant was long gone, and the same feeling I felt two years ago came crashing in.

Fuck, how do I even explain this situation?

Kit was here.

Laurent was here.

A thousand emotions were running through me, yet not one of them knew what to do, or what to say.

"A friend of yours, Jamie?" Laurent asks, his thick French accent snapping me back to reality.

The moment I realized just what was happening, all I could think about was Kit, and how unaffected he seemed by seeing me.

"Uh." I swallow hard, an uncomfortable feeling filling me as all eyes go to me.

Just then, I realized that Kit had never been anything more to me than what we almost had...

He was never my friend.

He made it clear that he didn't want to be my friend... and me? I never really wanted to be his either.

"I taught for a brief moment in his senior year." His voice pierces my ears, a comfortable familiar sound.

"As a sub." He added, before holding out his hand to shake Laurent's.

"Christopher Pierce."

Fuck, my whole body was alert, and I couldn't stop staring at him as he smiled down at me, whilst the girl beside him looked awkwardly between the three of us.

"Oh." Laurent looked at me as he shook his hand, and just like that, I wanted to leave.

He instantly made the connection.

How could he not? After reading what he did.

I felt fucking sick in my stomach, almost like any moment I would throw up in front of everyone.

"A pleasure, I'm Laurent Dubois, I'm-"

"Leaving." I quickly say, before he could finish.

Kit's warm eyes met mine and before I got lost in them, I pulled my focus away and looked at Laurent, forcing a painful smile.

Laurant, thankfully doesn't push the conversation anymore and simply just smiles at me, before looking back at Kit and his... date.

"Oh how forgetful of me, Jamie is right." He said, with a smile. "I did not plan to stay long, I just wanted to congratulate Jamie for all his success tonight."

"I must be going, it was a pleasure to meet you, Christopher Pierce."

I felt Laurent looking at me, but as much as I wanted to punch him in the face for what he did coming here, talking to my mom, and cornering me at my own opening, I smiled.

"I'll see you later." I said with a promise in my tone, knowing that this wasn't the end, and he wasn't just simply going to leave.

Not unless I ended things properly.