Forging Ahead

The Woman was sitting in a chair. Her hood still up as Pieck paced back and fourth.

The two of them were waiting in an old warehouse somewhere in the city 2 days out from where your last fight was.

"He isnt going to like this. Its your fault you know. We had a plan, and you had to go and intervene. Had you not gotten in the way, Ackerman would have never followed us"

Pieck looks at the Woman as she sighs "would you rather me have left you to die by his hands?"

Pieck nods "yes! We all understand that we cannot lose the titans power, but capturing those two were more important!"

The woman shook her head as she used her thumb to pop the cap off an alcohol bottle before she took a swig.

"Next time ill just Eat you"

Before pick could respond, someone spoke.

"Enough Ladies. We have much to discuss"

The two of them turn and look as a blonde man with a beard and glasses, dressed in a uniform enters the room. He is followed by Bertholt, who looks depressed. Seems he managed to slip away before the fight ended.

Pieck crosses her arms "So. Whats the plan Zeke?"

The blonde man, now revealed as Zeke, sits down at a chair across from The woman. He motions his hand "Pieck, please sit"

Pieck sighs as she sits down as well. Bertholt joining them.

"Now. As we understand" Zeke started "Bertholt gave me some bad news when he arrived."

The woman and Pieck both look at him "what?" The woman asked. "What is it Bertholt?" Pieck asked.

Bertholt just remained silent for a moment. But then he took a deep breath and spoke

"Reiner...hes..." he paused as he calmed himself "Hes dead." Pieck gasped as she covered her mouth. The woman seemed indifferent.

Bertholt looks down at the table and continues "i was watching the fight before i escaped using the steam. Eren Yeager, he. He wounded him, and then Alex...Yakimesh she..."

Bertholt begins to tear up as he balls his hands i to fists.

"She-" Bertholt closed his eyes as he grinded his teeth "She ate him... she just devoured him..."

As he says this, Pieck closes her eyes as she pays respects. Bertholt hangs his head low as he quietly weeps.

Zeke raises his arm and gently pats Bertholt twice before moving his hand.

Then he Looks at the woman.

"Prepare yourself" he says. The woman looks at him "its time we act. Weve lost a comrade, and this will be our last chance."

The woman nods as she stands up and turns around as she begins to walk away "ill inform the rest of our men. Or what's left of them" she says.

Zeke nods "and one more thing" the woman turns back to face him, then Zeke finishes

"When we next meet the two of them. It will be on the battlefield. If we are truly unable to capture them, then devour them. Both"

The woman chuckles as Zeke tilts his head "why are you laughing?"

The woman turns back around as she walks away "no reason"

///

Everyone was sitting on top of the wall resting. Well, most of them were.

Most of the scouts who weren't killed by the ambush, were burned by Bertholt steam.

So they were all lined up on the ground as they slept.