The Day Off

After Hange's experiment and theory proving correct, that Alex is indeed a Titan shifter while you are not.

She also proved that Alex needs your help to transform. Erwin has been given a full report along with other notes and tests Hange wants to run.

But for now, Erwin ordered everyone to just relax and rest. It's been a busy year. Everyone deserves some time off.

So, early in the morning, before the sun even rose, the sunlight was barely beginning to rise in the sky as the crickets called and the cool evening air ran against your skin,

You were dressed in your civilian clothes, well, civilian exorcise gear.

Running around the huge fence surrounding the training area as you did a morning routine youve done in the past.

It wasn't anything super crazy. Just a morning run to get yourself woken up.

But as you run, someone calls your name as you look over and see Petra. Dressed in her regular clothes.

You slow down and hop a little as you stop beside her.

"Hey, Morning Petra" you say as you give her a little wave. You lean against the fence as she talks "Why are you up so early?" You shrug "I don't know. I couldn't sleep cuz my damn cough. So I decided I'd just do something"

Petra tilts her head "and you chose to run?" You chuckle "eh why not?" Petra smiles as she reaches up and brushed hair behind her ear "hey Y/n, I had a question" you nod "What's up?"

She looked up at you. "Would you..." she rubbed her stomach with her hand subconsciously "would you want to do something today? Just me and you?"

You are confused "this is different. You never actually ask to spend time with me. We usually just Fuck and move on"

Petra nods "yea...yea..." then she waved her hand "Necermind It was a stupid question"

You feel like something is off with her. But you can't place it. But you shrug as you grab her arm. She looks back at you

"Hey" you say.

She hummed "hmm?" You nod "Sure, Let's do somethin"

She smiles "ok"

///

Petra is dressed in a dress that she said she had bought a while back. It stuck you as odd since she never wore dresses but you didn't care.

You wore your regular pants and shirt as the two of you walked down the street of Trost. Everyone was still repairing and rebuilding after the wall was sealed.

As you walk, Petra sees something as she grabs your hand and starts to pull you. You chuckle and keep up with her.

She runs over to a little food stall selling pretty good items for the current state of the city.

She looks over some things as you rolls your eyes and toss up a coin pouch before catching it.

///

As the two of you walk, you are munching on an apple, to which someone told you makes you look like an asshole. But you shrugged.

Petra was nibbling on a desert snack she picked out. Some kind of cake/tart thing. She seemed happy. But you noticed she kept rubbing her stomach out of habit. An odd thing you just noticed but didn't really care. Everyone did things.