Chapter 8

" It's the little memories that will last a lifetime..."

- Vegas

He came again. He appeared to my eyes again. Why?...

I don't know why god wants me to be in pain this much. I know, I am not a good person. But, I'm trying not to do those mistakes again. I also know that I must deserve all this rollercoaster of pain. But, I can't deny that I've also been through much. For once, why god doesn't let me to be with my favourite person?...

My heart became so weak when his eyes fixed on me. He came towards the empty seat and sat even without a glance.

I could see that others were astonished because of Pete's behaviour. He had that cold expression on his face. I have never seen that side of him. I always saw his bubbly and cute personality. But th- this is different.

All this time, my eyes were on him. I can't believe that he was beside me and this close to me. I didn't hear anything what others said. I only heard Pete's voice. It felt like eternity for me to hear his honey like voice.

" But, let me also introduce me as Lee Jisung." What did he just said?

Lee who?... Jisung?? Have I heard that name before? I felt like I have called that name more than hundred times. Because, it felt so familiar to my ears.

Everyone was dumbfounded including me. But, they were listening to what Pete's saying. But I couldn't understand what he was saying.

My uncle handed a file to Pete saying it's a gift. I read Pete's face and I realized that he was upset after reading it. But, he tried his best to hide it. Then, he said that he's not fond of materialistic things. Uncle stormed out of the room because of Pete's answer.

" My own personal mission."

" Memories from fifteen years ago."

" A red rose with sharp thorns."

" Don't belong to this world."

" Mafia world."

" Because of some old people."

" Manipulation."

Those words.... They were said by Pete. He said those those things with concern and I tried to connect the invisible dots of them. It's like they were some hints or each of those words were directed to each particular person in the meeting room.

My instincts says that they were some warning to all seven of us. But I felt that some of those words are seeking for help. Is Pete in any danger?....

Out of the blue, a guy who was way more taller and muscular came to the meeting room. He looked like a giant monster. He had a pale skin tone and he looked like a.... a Korean.

He was looking at Pete and Pete nodded to him. What the hell? Pete didn't spare a glance at me. But a random hulk guy came and won Pete's attention. This is getting out of my nerves.

Pete stood from the seat and took his steps towards the door. He stepped out of the meeting room and that guy followed Pete.

Like the day he turned his back in the hospital, he left without a goodbye. Maybe, he had some reasons to act like that. But the hardest thing about it, is waiting for the reason to come...

Everyone in the room was so silent except Tankhun. He was sniffing and his two minions were comforting him. Others were trying to process everything happened few minutes ago. All of a sudden, Kim decided to break the awkward silence.

" What the fuck was that?" Kim cursed under his breath. But, everyone heard him including the two minors.

Chan who was observing everyone all this time decided to speak.