Chapter One

The branches rocked to the silent rhythm of the breeze and leaves were carried off by the wind, spinning and twirling like tiny dancers as they fell. In front of them was a grassy field and a river with some rocks. They could also see a few woodland critters scampering through the clearing as they returned home. Some foxes went into a burrow. They spotted a couple of deer bounding away. Squirrels and chipmunks scattered about, grabbing their acorns to stash inside their tree-trunk homes and went into hiding. Many critters were bathing in a river, some were just sunbathing in the field. From above the birds started flying back to their nests. It was calm and peaceful around them in the gentle forest clearing. A little cluster of light rain clouds had passed through the evening, dampening the ground and filling the air with the scent of fresh rain. The distant mountains were delicately sprinkled with the fading mist from the rain, like faint white frosting on cake slices. But walking through the woods was a small group of humans and four rescue bots were relaxing in the clearing.
Dani and Blades were both whooping and laughing excitedly as they rode down on the waterfall and into the lake. The two partners both laughed and started flying back up towards the waterfall again. Boulder was painting a picture of the surrounding landscape while Graham was analyzing the plants nearby. Charles was fishing at the lake while Chase was watching him curiously. Kade and Heatwave were both competing each other with a stone skipping competition on the other side of the lake.
Though Cody was checking up on the animals from a careful distance. He snapped some pictures of the animals from a careful distance with his camera. But his eyes caught on a strange patch of grass. He frowned as he gazed at the grassy patch warily. Whenever he saw something strange, his instincts had started to kick in and is quite accurate most of the time. But he was unsure about it. He wanted to see what it was, but he knew he shouldn't put himself at risk.
"Cody!" The mentioned boy slowly turned around to see a hungry looking grizzly bear stalking behind him. But behind the bear was his family, ready to save Cody from the hungry bear. He slowly and carefully started backing up from the growling bear, but he didn't notice that he was backing up to the strange patch of grass till it was too late.
Cody screamed as he unexpectedly slid down on through a hidden tunnel in the patch of grass. He could faintly hear his family's worried voices calling out for him as he slid deeper into the tunnel. He soon skidded to a sudden stop on the ground. "Ow! That hurt." He soon took in his surroundings curiously. "Where am I?" He could see he was in a underground bunker tunnel of some sort. He doesn't recognize the bunker at all, a rockslide or a mudslide must of cut it off from the other bunker tunnels.
He was in a partly lit cave that has some unlit torches hanging from the cave walls. There was many carvings and paintings on the cave walls from the past. There's also a river nearby that probably leads to an outside waterfall. As Cody went deeper into the unknown cave, there was towering stone pillars entwined with more wooden beams rose to support the cave's ceiling in the darkness, casting long shadows through the fiery yellow glow that filled the place. But, for some strange reason, he had found a table with a book. It seems to be bound in soft leather brown leather, which made Cody become curious about it. A forgotten diary maybe?
He gently picked up the book and opened it to the first page.
Property of Alma Burns.
He smiled thoughtfully at the sight of the name and continued reading the diary.
"Dear Diary, I've recently discovered something... or rather someone in this cavern when I gotten lost in the bunker tunnel by accident. For the longest time, I've always been fascinated by myths and mysteries since I was a child. Especially with my sudden meeting with my new friend. She's brave, strong, and fast... with a sense of sarcastic humor. Her name is Tempest. She rescued me when I was blocked in by a mudslide. She's... nobody like I have ever met. I have to make sure nobody else knows about her or a huge number of danger will come after her."
But on the other side of Cody was a strange thing. It was sitting on a rocky ledge not far from Cody, but it was underneath him. The light cast fiery rays over the huddled boulder and the shadow sloped like a long tail up the cave wall behind it.
"I wonder what that is," Cody whispered to himself thoughtfully as he gazed down at the strange boulder.
But unfortunately for the young boy, a rock had came lose underneath Cody's right foot. He cried out in fear as he fell down again. But he soon landed on the ledge of the equally as strange boulder. But Cody was surprised to see the brown hue that was once on the boulder had started to change. Cody gasped at the changing sight underneath him. The boulder now looks like a mythical dragon from the pictures he had seen in the museum. The dragon has a sleek, elegant form and resembles a traditional Western dragon that he had seen in the museum with Frankie or in his books with the bots at home. She has long, curved horns on her head and her snout is thin and long with a nose-spike, and an extra horn on her jaw. Her wings were folded like curtains of velvet, rising and falling almost imperceptibly with every breath. Her scales are deep royal blue like sapphires with pale emerald green and light golden flecks underneath them, and shimmered like cobalt glass in torchlight. It was as if mud was slipping off of the dragon by fresh water.
But when the dragon's eyes had opened, her eyes could shame a pair of sparkling blue sapphires with little effort. For a while, they just looked at each other quietly from where they were. Cody noticed that the dragon had a dark rim around her blue eyes, and streaks of gold and green in her irises. There was something almost cat-like about her eyes, Cody figured. They were so mysterious and unpredictable. It's almost as if the dragon could actually understood him.