Chapter two

JJ WHISTLED . . . as they arrived with the boat at some sort of motel. "I thought the château looked bad."

"This place is a shit show." John b chimed in, Max was still processing things. That they literally went into the march, and swim down there because they found a boat.

But it was also really interesting, what would happen after all of this. "Motel or meth lab?" Kiara asked, cracking a chuckle from her older sister and the black haired girl.

"You be the judge."

"Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady-White stays." Maxine joined in, "Uhm, they for fucks sake wouldn't live here." John b tilted his head in agreement.

"No. Looks like a place someone with a Grady-White would get killed." Pope said. Sending chills down Dahlia's spine. "Here we go." As John b pulled the HMS on the side.

"This is your captain speaking. HMS pogue comin' in for landing. Whoo!" JJ exclaimed.

"We good?" John be asked, "Yeah we good." JJ nodded from the other side. As he binded the rope down. "All right, here goes nothing."

Pope leaned on the side of the HMS. "Hey!" He called, as John b gazed back at him. "Don't let him do anything stupid." Pointing in JJ's direction.

JJ thew an arm over Maxine her shoulder, "Oh, we will." She shrugged off his arm, "I'm not making promises." John b said.

Pope sighed, "Yeah I know."

Dahlia faced John b, handing him the keys, his thumb grazing the back of her hand. "Be careful," she remarked. "I mean it." John b chuckled, "Yeah." Smiling open mouthed at her. Showing off his white teeth.

Tapping JJ's shoulder, he motioned for the two to follow him. Maxine side glanced at JJ, to find him already looking at her. "What?" She muttered, loud enough for him to hear.

"You look good." She rolled her eyes at the blonde boy. "I'm being serious."

The three arrived on the first floor, as she kept up with John b. "And I'm getting annoyed, so watch it, blondie."

JJ squeezed between them, wrapping his hands around his jaw and nape. "Just be so careful, John." Mimicking Dahlia.

John b pushed him away, "Dude your so weird." He claimed, Max couldn't agree more.

"What was that about?" JJ asked. "I don't know. Maybe she wants us to be careful." As he acted completely oblivious.

"Since she heard you're being threatened with exile, she's just been, like, "Oh! Be so careful, John b." Rubbing his shoulders.

"Get off." Yanking himself away from him, Max chuckled. "Oh, give me that John D already." When are you gonna swoop on that, man?"

The black haired girl, "Maybe you're just getting the wrong signals about it. Be clear and to talk to her. Maybe she didn't mean it that way, maybe she did." Maxine told him.

"Well, we have a rule. No Pogue-on-Pogue macking. Besides JJ's the one always hitting on her." Looking back at JJ.

The girl tried to seem like she didn't care, but she did. "Oh is he really?" Pressing on him for a answer, gritting her teeth.

Before he could give her one, "Don't listen to him, baby. He's just trying to drive us apart." J told her, smiling down at her. As she was shorter than him.

Max rolled her eyes, as she walked a few steps ahead of them. Clearly being annoyed, she already knew his reputation with the ladies.

Why did it disappoint her though?