𝘋𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘱𝘪𝘨┃𝑫𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒔 𝑾𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒏

Just so you guys know this isn't a x reader

You followed the cop cars down the street in pursuit of some idiot.. red and blue flashing lights surrounded the area making it nearly impossible to see anything but you knew.

Stepping out of the car you recognized him, Dallas Winston.

“DON’T SHOOT DAMMIT!” you yelled, stepping on the gas as you were still barely in the car and hanging on the door.. you wheeled your car around in front of the guy standing before you.

The cops in front of you ignored you and shot at him, you crawled through the passenger side jumping out of the car as you ran across the grass tackling him to the ground, he had a gun in the air but with a closer look you could tell it wasn't loaded.

You knew who Dallas was, but you also knew he was only seventeen.. he punched you in the side, trying to get you off of him but you refused to let him go.

“Dammit kid, stop.. you're gonna get yourself killed.” you whispered, “If he was tough like me.. he wouldn't of died.” he sobbed, a group of people came running towards us and by now the cops behind you had stopped shooting.

“OFFICER L/N, HAVE YOU DETAINED HIM!?” you heard the raspy voice of the Chief yell from behind your car.. you looked at the group of boys, they looked beat, defeated.

Sighing you cursed in spite of yourself before motioning them to duck down, “Take him and get.” you ordered the oldest looking one there and shoved the body with the boy with the gun into his arms.. you watched as they snuck off behind a pair of trees, watching you silently.

“I'M GOING TO REPEAT, HAVE YOU DETAINED HIM?” the Chief yelled again, you cleared your throat before standing up, “NO, HE GOT AWAY.” you yelled back as you walked closer to the line of cop cars.

Days past, then a couple weeks.. then a month, the police department still hadn't found Dallas.

You were questioned once or twice, and despite it technically being against the law you didn't tell them the truth.

As you left the department you started to walk home, you didn't drive a cruiser unless necessary.. as you walked home you saw someone running towards you.

You knew who it was, it was one of the boys who had been in the group that night.. “What is it,” you said swiftly as you glanced back at the police department.

“You're that cop, the one who..” he started but you shushed him, “Yeah, and what do you want.” you didn't want him or yourself to get in trouble being this close to the police station.

“Follow me,” he said, you nodded turning the block he turned on.. and following up to a two story house with a metal fence around it's front yard.

“What's your name?” he asked you as he opened the door, “Y/n, what's yours?” you asked him

“Ponyboy.”

When he opened the door a group of five was there, including him.. Dallas Winston.

He looked rough, the other boy's looked up.. “Don't ya'll have school?” you asked, a couple shook their heads while the one you handed Dallas to that night stood up.

He stepped forward to you, extending his hand.. you took it and the two of you shook hands.

“Now, what's this for exactly?” you asked, glancing outside.

“That night, you.. you saved our buddy.” Ponyboy said, you nodded.

Looking at Dallas all he did was sort of stare at you.

You remembered that stare,

You were arresting a couple of teenage boys who had jumped someone, you remember that they dressed like your dad.. polo shirts and khakis.

That's when you first met them, the group.. they stared at you in almost awe.

You put the four boys in the back of your car, locking the doors around them before helping the boy on the ground up, he had dark hair and he looked beat up.

“You know this kid?” you had asked them, one ran up.. his name was Sodapop.

The way he reassured him that things would be okay made you in a sense proud.

“Does he need to go to the hospital?” you asked them, assuming they would say yes.. they shook their heads in disgust, but Dallas he just looked at him then at you staring.

As you were about to leave you heard him mutter something to you under his breath..

“Dirty pig.”

You were used to it, sighing you got in your car leaving them to sort the issue out..

Now he was staring at you with the same expression, the two of you stared at each other for what felt like hours.

“you gonna call me a dirty pig again?” you asked him, he didn't realize what you were talking about at first but he did after a second.

“Surprised you'd remember that,” he said sternly, still glaring at you..

Absolutely hated this but I saw a video of him dying and I was like “What if” and it started just- leading to this