TWO

"You won again! You have to tell me your secret, I need to be able to play as well as you." Taehyung pretends to groan out, chuckling to himself at the sight of the pup triumphing.

"I don't have a s─swecwet, hyung!" He tries to get the fifth word right, but fails miserably.

"Ooh, natural talent, I see? What would you like to do now?" He wiggles his eyebrows, not noticing the way the bunny is staring at him in curiosity and wonder.

"Um.. I want to play outside now!" He loudly exclaims, already jumping up and dashing towards the back door.

"Be careful, okay? When it starts to rain again you have to come in!" Taehyung instructs him, watching as the excited kid disappears around the corner.

The tiger's ear twitches, his tail slowly swishing behind him.

Turning his head, he gives the bunny a soft smile.

"Is there anything you would like to do, Jeongguk?" He asks, but bites on his bottom lip at the sight of him shaking his head again.

He walks over, sitting down on the farthest edge of the couch.

"Is this okay? I won't harm you. I know I might look scary, but I'll take care of you, alright? You can trust me," Taehyung smiles, studying his facial expressions closely.

"Let me tell you something about myself. I'm twenty years old, currently taking a gap year in college. My parttime job is babysitting, that's why I'm here today. I always look after Sung-ho when his parents can't," He says, watching as the boy listens intently.

"What about you, bun? Can you tell me something about yourself?"

Jeongguk's shoulders slump down and his eyes sadden. He opens his mouth wanting to speak up, but instead a sniffle comes out.

"Oh no, hey, it's okay! I didn't mean to make you sad. You don't have to do anything you're not ready for yet." Taehyung quickly says, his ears flattening on the top of his head, since he feels out of place.

"W─why are you so kind to me, mister? I was always taught the opposite." He mumbles through wobbly lips.

"You seem lovely, Jeongguk. Of course I'm nice to you! You've been taught to protect yourself from our species because of our instincts.. We live separately for a reason. In turn, I don't know anything about your kind. So tell me when there is something I can do to make you feel better, okay?"

The boy nods, ears perking up and his tense posture slowly vanishing.

"May I have something to eat, mister?" He asks, nibbling on his bottom lip with big doe eyes.

"Of course! Follow me. And you can call me Taehyung, or hyung, or anything you'd like." He chuckles, standing up to head towards the kitchen.

One of his striped ears perk backwards at the sound of feet softly following after him. His tail swishes once, the tip slightly curled.

Upon opening the fridge, he is met with the sight of mostly fresh meat stored in it. He quickly shuts it, glancing at the countertop instead.

"Would you like some fruit? I unfortunately don't think they have anything else suitable for you right now. Here, pick anything you want." He grabs the bowl and holds it in front of him, watching as he picks an apple.

He fills up a glass with water and hands it over as well, frowning at the sight of him gulping it down as fast as he can.

"Would you like something else?" Taehyung asks to make sure.

"No, I'm okay mi─ Taehyungie-hyung." The boy shyly mumbles, turning around to glue himself back on the couch.

The tiger's eyes trail downwards. He has to bite on his tongue at the sight of a small, twitching cottontail on the top of his bum.

Fuck, that's─

"What the actual hell, Taehyung? Stop this nonsense." He mutters at himself, shaking his head as he trails after the boy.

"Taehyung-hyung!" A familiar face reappears around the corner.

"Sung-ho, what did your parents tell you about playing outside?" Taehyung attempts to glare, taking in his state.

"No more playing in the mud.." The boy pouts, crossing his arms with a huff.

"And what is this?" Taehyung gestures him up and down, quirking up an eyebrow at the sight of perfect footsteps on the white marble behind him.

"I played in the mud." The boy mumbles, pulling a disgusted face when his tongue darts out over his lips and swipes up dirt.

"Ew, yucky!" He grimaces, attempting to wipe it clean but only worsening it because his hands are entirely covered as well.

The tiger chuckles, shaking his head. "You need a bath. Take off your shoes and head towards the bathroom, alright? I'll put some clean clothes ready for you on your bed," He glances at the clock.

"And afterwards it's already time for your nap. Your parents will be home within an hour."

The kid groans, throwing his head back but doing as told.

The tiger puts the shoes away and cleans the footprints, taking a step up the staircase afterwards.

He halts in his tracks.

"I'll just help him real quick and then I'll be back, okay? Wait.." He jogs back, grabbing the remote of the TV and switching it on.

"There you go. I'll be right back." He glances at the bunny one last time, going after the little kid.