EIGHTEEN

When Taehyung drives towards the Hartley's the next day, he is completely soaked up in his thoughts.

For some reason he almost feels anxious as he parks his car and walks up to the front door.

Forget the discussion you had yesterday evening, Taehyung. That was total bullshit. He has no idea what he's talking about. There is no way, just act like you normally do.

With that in mind, he takes a deep breath, knocking once he exhales.

It takes a minute before it opens, revealing the familiar face of Mrs. Hartley.

"Good morning to you, Taehyung." She greets him with a smile, stepping aside so the male could walk in.

He returns the smile, "How is everything? Did anything happen overnight?"

She shakes her head with a sigh.

"No, nothing happened. Only the usual distressed cries from behind the door. He attempted to come down to eat, but he left most of his salad because he wasn't hungry. He kept sniffling and honestly it was just heartbreaking. He was with us for three minutes, before he hid again," She answers as they walk towards the living room.

"We tried to ask him what was wrong and why he was so sad, but he kept silent. He whispered your name once, but that's it. Honestly, Taehyung, you have to tell us what you do to make him feel at ease around you. We have to try the same thing, otherwise it'll be a very difficult task to keep him here over time. I understand his past situation, but.." She bites on her bottom lip, frowning.

"This isn't good for him either, he can't even go outside. And we can't expect you to show up here every day, like you're currently doing. You have spare time on your hands now, but when the break you took ends, so does the free time. What do we do then?"

The tiger's striped ears flatten on his head and he curses under his breath.

"I honestly don't know yet. We still have some time before then. I'll try to figure something out, okay? We'll come up with a solution."

The woman nods, patting his shoulder before heading towards the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

Taehyung carefully walks upstairs, not wanting to wake up the still asleep Sung-ho or his father who's enjoying to sleep in for once.

When he stops in front of a certain door, he can feel his heart starting to pound. He gently raises his hand, knocking on the wood with his knuckle.

"Good morning, Koo. Did you sleep well?"

He puts his hand on the handle wanting to step inside, but right at that moment the door swings open, revealing an unforgettable face.

"Taehyungie!" The bunny smiles widely, dashing forward to engulf him in a hug whilst the elder walks inside.

The tiger softly laughs, "Someone's happy to see me. Did you miss me or something?" He jokes, yet regrets it the moment he says it.

"I did. I always do.." Jeongguk almost inaudibly whispers, yet the elder somehow managed to catch up on it.

"Are you hungry, bun? I got you a few things, and Mrs. Hartley is preparing breakfast downstairs." Taehyung voices instead, trying to pretend as if he didn't hear it.

The bunny lets go of him, ears fully erect on his head. His big doe eyes sparkle, "You got me food?" He asks, nose cutely twitching.

'You shouldn't have acted like his provider!'

Jimin's words suddenly ring through the ravenette's head. He internally curses at himself, but proceeds since he can't take it back now. Giving the other things has simply become a habit. A very addicting one, considering the way the bunny always reacts to it.

"Yeah, I did." The tiger says, clearing his throat. He once again reveals a bag from behind his back, handing it over.

"You shouldn't have, tiger." Jeongguk smiles bashfully, taking it and sitting down on the bed in curiosity.

I know.

"I got you your usual snack you always like to nibble on, but I bought some other fruits and vegetables as well since I read your kind tends to like them a lot." Taehyung exclaims whilst the younger peeks in the bag.

I'm not even going to tell you about the wierd stare I got from the cashier when I went to buy them, or the way I got pointed towards the meat section instead.

He watches as the bunny's head along with his left ear twitches─ an inherent habit whenever he's too happy to explain in words, that's awfully adorable to witness.

"I'm glad to see you like it, Koo." The tiger grins, not being able to refrain himself.

"I have something for you too!" Jeongguk suddenly voices, causing the elder to curiously walk over.

"Do you?" He chuckles in wonder, plopping down on the bed and sitting up against the headboard.

The younger stands up, humming happily.

"I do! I felt guilty for not being able to give you anything in exchange for all the presents you give me.. but I came up with something," He giggles.

"Close your eyes!" He says, causing Taehyung to frown for a second. However he does as said.

His ears change direction to listen to the bunny as he quickly walks around the room, opening a drawer and shutting it. He feels the bed dip next.

"You can open your eyes now, hyung." The younger nervously says, starting to doubt his own creation.

Taehyung does as told, his orbs focusing themselves on the paper in front of him. His mouth slightly opens in astonishment.

"Did you draw this, Koo?" He asks, bewildered.

"I─I did. Do you like it? I wanted you to have something that reminds you of me when you're away. S─so you don't forget about me, just in case." The bunny stammers hastily, feeling his heartbeat speed up.

Taehyung swallows dryly. Because of Jimin's words, he starts to see a double meaning behind Jeongguk's. However he intends on keeping up the stubbornness, and shakes the thought away.

"Little one, I would never be able to forget about you. And this is genuinely the best drawing I've ever seen." He honestly admits, hearing the boy laugh happily.

"Boys, breakfast is ready!" Mrs. Hartley's voice reaches their eardrums.