Regret

“There I told him!” Blade yelled as he ran through the place.

“So soon, Bladie?”

“Because it was torture just sitting there and letting these feelings build up.”

“Did you even hear his response?”

“No.”

Just like that, he went into his room and went to sleep. Or at least he tried. Blade couldn’t sleep at all, no matter how hard he tried. The confession he made to Jing Yuan was stuck in his head. Like white on rice. All of a sudden, he regrets his decisions. To confess to Jing Yuan like that and the way he left him there without hearing his response. He wants to go back, but he thinks it’s too late to change anything or the damage that might have been done in short time.

The next morning, Kafka wanted Blade to take Silver Wolf out to the arcade since she did it last time. Blade reluctantly agreed. He put on his disguise, but not that he did much his hair was still recognizable. Once they made it to the arcade, he spotted Yanqing there, which meant only one thing; Jing Yuan was also there. He quickly scanned the room for Jing Yuan and saw no sign of Jing Yuan.

It may not have been his smartest move, but it definitely was his dumbest. He walked up to Yanqing and tapped his shoulder.

“General not now!!” Yanqing turned around to see Blade standing there, but since Yanqing wasn’t on duty today, he turned back around to go to his game, but before he could completely turn around, Blade grabbed his should

“What?”

“Where is Jing Yuan?” Blade asked.

“Behind you. Why?”

“Okay. Goodbye.” Just like that, Blade grabbed Silver Wolf and headed to a different arcade.

“What was that about, General?”

“Don’t worry about it, Yanqing.”

“If you say so. But look at my high score!!”

Once Blade and Silver Wolf made it to a different arcade. Silver Wolf instantly found a game that she liked; a claw machine. While Silver Wolf was busy with the claw machine, Blade tried to sit down and relax, but once he saw Jing Yuan and Yanqing walk by, he put his guard up higher. When Jing Yuan looked at Blade, he waved. All Blade could do was raise his hand and try to wave back. Yanqing looked over and made a face at Blade. He made one back at Yanqing. Once he looked back up at Jing Yuan, they were now standing facing each other. Blade was lucky he had a mask on because the Yanqing would have seen that he was blushing.

Not long after Jing Yuan and Yanqing left Blade and Silver Wolf went home. Blade was forced by Silver Wolf to carry all of her prizes. Once they made it back, Kafka was laughing at how Blade let himself get in that situation. But Blade wasn’t worried about that. He could care less about how Silver Wolf made him carry all of her prizes. He was more worried about the fact that Jing Yuan didn’t say anything but at the same time he was also glad that Jing Yuan didn’t say anything because things would’ve been even more awkward between them.

Blade actually managed to go to sleep. The next day was the same process; avoiding Jing Yuan at all costs, discussing plans for the future with the rest of stellaron hunters, and making sure that everything had been taken care of. But,there was one thing that he could never keep track of, and it’s his feelings of regret. They were never consistent, nor did he have control over them. They were just random. He hated it. As much as he wanted to clear things up, he couldn’t, because of how busy they both were now.

“Bladie, I need you to go find Silver Wolf.”

“Where did she run off to now?”

“The arcade.”

“Okay.”

Blade's first thought was to go to Silver Wolf’s favorite arcade, and he found her playing video games with Yanqing. At first, he didn’t think much of it until the entire place glitched, and Jing Yuan appeared. However, this Jing Yuan was completely different. He had a completely different aura to him. Hatred. He felt hatred from Jing Yuan. They were facing each other, Jing Yuan said three words and walked away.

“I hate you.”

Blade chased after him but wasn’t to catch him before he disappeared right before him. It was all a nightmare. He looked around in his room before he decided to be brave and properly confess to him and explain how this came to him. But he had to unblock Jing Yuan’s number to be able to get the message across without being caught by the cloud knights. Once he unblocked Jing Yuan on his phone, he saw the messages that Jing Yuan had sent him.

Future Lover???:
Why did you run away like that before hearing my answer?

Future Lover???:
I get it you were scared or nervous.

Future Lover???:
Come back to me, Ren. I miss you. It hurts.

Blade:
I regret what I did that day, but I needed to tell you how I felt. If you’re free, meet me at scalegorge waterscape.