Chapter 6: The Attack

"Chris Booker, he owns the brotherhood now." I tell Hannah. "So someone came to your house and was looking for you to kill you?" She asks. "Yes," I say. "Ok, where are they located." She asks, giving me a map of the surrounding area. "He didn't say," I say, sliding the map back to her.

She pauses, "Are we at war?" She asks. "They want me," I say. "Well, they won't, I assure you that," she says. "I'm going to kill everyone last one of them," I say. "I told you before, don't kill yourself over pride," she says. "I won, we won the last time," I say. "But now their hunting for you," she says. "And I'm hunting for all of them," I say

I walk outside, and someone tackles me and holds me down, I fight back, and they punch me and pin me down again. I see Peter run towards me, and someone hits him in the leg with a metal baseball bat. He falls and can't get up "What the fuck do you want!" I yell. "Cassie?" Hannah says. She pulls out a gun, and a gunshot goes off, but not from her gun. She stumbles back and drops, her gun

Someone grabs her and drags her about 20 feet away from me. I hear several screams and gunshots. "Your all going to fucking die!" I scream. Peter gets dragged away, and Hannah is coughing up blood. Someone stands over her and charges their pistol. "Put the gun down bitch" I hear Scott say, he has a knife and is pointing it at them. A gun fires and lands into his stomach, and he falls backward on his back

I watch Peter get dragged back, and he is bruised and beat up. "Cassie," he says. He then passes out, and the person holding me flips me over. I attempted to hit him, but he punched first. "What happened to killing all of us?" They ask, pulling out a knife. "Why do you want me?" I ask "because you're now property of the brotherhood and the minutemen, " they say, placing the knife on my face and cutting down my cheek. I scream and punch them.

I attempt to push him off of me, and he holds me down. He pulls out a gun and puts it to my head. I grab it and push it out of the way and headbutt him. The gun goes off next to my head, and my eardrum starts ringing loudly.

I regather myself and look down. The man is crawling back up and is walking towards me. I get up, and he punches me. I return a punch back, and then he pulls out his knife, and I pull out mine. "Come on, girl," he says. He runs towards me, so I dodge him, and he runs past me. He turns back to me and swipes his knife.

I leap backward and swing mine, and it cuts him arm. "You got some skills for a little girl," he says. I pull out my gun and fire 3 rounds into his chest. He falls limp onto the ground, and a girl jumps onto me, and I fall to the ground. Another girl kicks her off of me, and I see who did it. It's the wife I saved a couple of years ago in the attack. "Thank you,Cassie," I say, "just returning the favor." She says, picking up the guy I shot, gun.

The woman stands up, and the wife shoots her. I run to Peter and put my ear to his mouth he is still breathing. I see residents shooting the brotherhood, and they are starting to retreat. I have time, so I go check on Hannah. She is bleeding and coughing up blood. "Hey, can you hear me?" I ask, lifting up her head. I roll her over, and she coughs out a lot of blood. She rolls back over. "Is my son ok?" She asks

"Yeah, just some bruises," I say, helping her sit up. She grunts, and I carry her on my shoulder to the infirmary and put her on a bed. "Stay here. I'm going to help other people." I walk outside and run to Peter. "Hey Pete, are you alright?" I ask. He turns his head to me "yeah" he says, "Come on," I say. He tries to stand and falls down and yells. "Can you walk?" I ask."I don't think so" he says.

I put him on my shoulder as well and brought him to the infirmary. "Is that my mom?" He asks weakly. "Yeah, she's waiting for you to come on," I say, readjusting him. I placed him on another bed next to his mom, and the door flies open. I turn around, and someone is pulling out their pistol. I start pulling out mine, and then Peter shoots him 3 times in the chest. Then, lays down

"Thanks," I say. "No problem, go help outside."Your mom needs a medic." I say, putting my pistol in my holster. "I'm fine, go," she demands "ok" I say, running outside. People are lying dead and dying on the street. I see someone run out of a house with a resident. I run to them, and they are using them as a human shield with a gun pointed forward. "Put her down," I say, "come any closer. I put a bullet in her head." he says, putting it to her head.

"What do you what?" I ask. "We want you," He says. "I'm not coming with you." I say. "Then she gets a bullet," he says, putting the gun back to her head and charging it. She screams and cries and begs for mercy. "Ok, ok," I say. "Just put her down," I say "Ok" he says, throwing her down. I quickly pull out my pistol and shoot him in the head. He collapses over, and the girl runs to me and hugs me. "Hey, are you hurt?" I ask. She nods her head no "ok go find somewhere safe.

I look around and don't see anyone, and then I see someone on top of the walls. I squint to get a clearer image, and I see they have a sniper aimed at me. I start running, and a bullet flies and buries into my back, and I fall on the ground. Another bullet goes off and lands next to me, flying sparks. I roll over and close my eyes.