Chapter 14: Blue Blood

I wake up on the couch. I get up to use the restroom. I open the door and flip the light switch on. I collapse onto the sink and cough blood with a blue tint to it and look into the mirror. My faces skin is swallowed by blue veins, and my vision also has blue vignette around my eyes. It pulses to my heartbeat, which I can hear. I sit down on the floor, breathing hard.

I clench to the wall and walk into my room. I grab my gun, and then my arms also get engulfed in the blue veins. My hand mucsles tighten, and I fall on my back. I yell, fighting back the pain. I feel my muscles loosening. I look at my arms, and the veins go away. They fall on the floor, and I close my eyes.

I wake up to Mary shaking me. "Hey, Cassie, come on, wake up." She says. My head is pounding. "Feeling down?" She asks. "What?" I say. "Are you feeling ok?" She asks. "Oh, yeah, just passed out." I say, looking at my arms. "Ok, well, we are getting a team to scavenge outside our land. The place is swarming with undead. They are over populating." She says. "Ok, let me get ready," I say. "No, not now. Tomorrow morning, we are leaving, " she says."Why wasn't I told?" I ask. "I thought Hannah told you, she told me," she says, sitting me up.

She walks outside and closes the door. I put a shirt and walked outside to the infirmary. I walk inside, and Peter is awake. "Hey!" I exclaim, running to him, hugging him. "Hey cas," he says with a smile filling his face. "I thought you wouldn't be awake till next week." I say, holding his hand. "He wasn't, but comas are unpredictable, especially now," Dr. Johnson says. "Well, I'm glad you're awake." I say. "Me too." He says. "Will he recover quickly enough to go on the undead run?" I ask. "Yeah, probably," he says. "What run?" Peter asks.

"Most fighters are going to kill undead and scavenge in the brotherhoods territory." I say. "Ok, yeah, I'll go," he says. "Ok, good, also me and Mary are getting closer, your mom likes her a lot," I say. "I don't really like her," he says. "Yeah, she is starting to get annoying, but she is still a good friend." I say, "wanna go home?" Dr. Johnson asks Peter. "I'll try," he says. I help him sit up, and he stands, holding his shoulder.

We walk slowly to the house. He walks up the steps. And I opened the door for him. "I need to pee," he says, walking to the bathroom "Ok" I say. He walks fine, but his shoulder is a restriction for him. I walk into my room and continue reading a book. A little bit later, he walks into my room. "What is this?" He asks, showing me his finger with the blood with blue tint. "Oh, I coughed up blood, but I'm Ok now," I say, worried.
"Ok, but it's blue," he says. "I don't know, but I'm fine," I say, forcing a smile. "Ok," he says, walking out.

A couple of hours later, I walk into his room. "Company?" I ask "yeah sure" he says, pulling up his blanket. I curl into his arms, and he covers me with the blanket. And I fall asleep in his arms.