Chapter 15: Undead Nightmare

I wake up, and Peter is gone. "Peter?" I yell out, looking around his room. "In your room!" He yells. "Shit," I say quickly, looking around for any of my clothes. I saw a shirt and pants from a couple of weeks ago on the floor. I put them on and walked into my room to grab my bag. "Why are you in here?" I ask. "To get dressed." He says. "We've been together for almost 4 years," I say, laughing, grabbing my backpack.

I walk outside and see people getting into trucks. Hannah and Mary are talking. "What's the plan? I ask Hannah to approach them. "We're gonna hit 3 towns, kill every undead we see." She says. "Ok, sounds good." I say. "You and Mary will take 3 shops Peter, and I will take 2 in one of the towns," she says. "Ok, come on Cassie", she says, getting into a car.

We drive into one of the towns after driving for almost an hour. "Let's take this hardware store first, clear the undead, then scavenge," she says. "Ok," I say. We clear the undead at the front of all the store, but one comes up behind me and grabs me. Mary shoots it. The bullet was very close to my head. "Shit, thanks," I say. "Yeah," she says. She kicks the door down and fires four shots. "Don't waste so much ammo." I say. "Calm down, I know the gunsmith. He gives me bullets all the time." She says. 6 undead comes from behind the shelf. we both take out three and start scavenging the store.

We load up the truck and move on to the next store. It's an auto part car shop, so we grab everything we can and load up the truck. We move on to our last store, and Hannah and Peter are on their 2nd. We blast in, and at least a dozen undead are inside. We shoot multiple, and some don't go down from the thick skin, "I got these look for more," she says. I walk into an aisle, and an undead pins me to the shelf. "Mary, help!" I yell. I hear her kill the last undead, and she is walking. "Over here," I say, trying to lead her to me.

I hear the door open and slam shut. "Mary? Mary!" I yell out. I try to stab my knife in its head, but it peirces his upper arm. I look around and see a hammer with a wooden handle. I grab it and start beating the undead head. I hit it several more times, and then the handle snaps. I use the sharp wood and shove it under his jaw. I push him off of me and use my fist to jam it higher into its head.

It collapses onto the floor, and I rush to go out of the store, then my legs give out, I fall on my side, and my hands start tightening up again. It's worse this time, and the veins pop out more. I fight the pain, and my body tightens up even more. Then my vision goes into a light blue, not with veins, plain blue tint in my eyes. Then my body loosens, I stand up and vomit more blue blood.

I walk out of the door and see Mary talking to Hannah. "Mary, what was that?" I yell across the street. "What was what?" She asks. "You left me." I yell. "I did no such thing," she says. "You left me!" I yell again. "You what?" Peter says to Mary. "Calm down, you guys." Hannah says. "She left me, hannah, she could have helped," I say. "we can discuss this later," Hannah says.

I get into the same truck as Peter. "What happened?" He asks. "I got attacked by an undead, couldn't get out, she just left," I say. "What are you gonna do?" He asks. "I don't know," I say. "Hey, your eyes, their, blue?" He says, confused. "Ok, I've been having these like, attacks, my whole body just, tightens up and I can't stop it, and it happened in the store to, and when you found the blood on the sink." I say

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asks."I didn't know how to tell you, I don't know what it is or what causes it, but it's not good." I say, 'Hey, I won't tell anyone." He says,"Thanks, " I say, leaning back. We arrive back at the commonwealth, and I see the wife that I saved, and she saved me. I get out and walk towards her. "Hey," I say "hello cassie" she says. "Hey, I'm sorry, but I never learned your name." I say,"It's Sarah, Sarah Scott, " she says. "Ok, thanks." I say,"Have a good day. " she says, 'You too, ' I say. I see Mary get out of a truck, and Hannah is behind her