Chapter 11: The new girl

I wake up next to Peter and gently get up, and he rolls over. I walk into the living room, and to the front door and walk outside. I see a group of people hudled up in a circle. I walk towards it, and someone flies through the crowd. They roll, and someone comes out bloody and bruised.

It's scott, "Scott, woah, calm down," I say. He pushes me out of his way and continues forward. The other guy stands up, and he is as well bloody and beat up. Scott throws a jab and misses. The crowd reforms back around them. "Guys, stop!" I yell. People start groaning and booing, "Get the hell out the way," someone says, pulling me out of the circle.

Scott falls down from a punch, and the other guy starts punching him repeatedly, "Hey!" Hannah yells, firing a pistol in the air. The guy drops Scott, and he is unconscious. "Go home!" She yells. Everyone splits, and she walks towards me. "What happened?" She asked."I don't know, I just got here, and they are fighting," I reply. "I'll tell you what happened. This sack of shit tried to sleep with my girl," the guy says.

"Grow up," I say quickly, then walking away. I walk back to my house. I walk inside and see that Peter is watching out the window. "So you're stalking me now?" I ask jokingly "nope" he says, smiling and standing up.

He walks into the kitchen and washes his hands, and puts on his coat. "What are you doing?" I ask."Nothing, just cold, " he says. Someone starts knocking on the door. I get up and open it it's Hannah. "Have you seen Pete's dad?" She asks. "Uh, no, not recently. Why?" I ask."He left last night, I guess," she says

"Why?" Pete asks, standing behind me. "I don't know, I'm going out to look for him," she says, walking away. "I'll come with you," Pete says, following her. "I will too, hold on," I say. "No, someone needs to look after the place. Stay here," she says. "I can help you look," I say. "Cassie, stay," Peter says, walking away.

I walk outside to the bar. I open the door and step inside. I sit down at the bar and wait. "Hey, Cassie, what are you doing here?" The bartender asks. "Here for a drink." I say. "You're only 17, I can't serve you," He says, wiping the counter. "Just pour me a drink, quick, I'll leave after." I say, "alright, but make sure Hannah doesn't see. I don't wanna get fired, " he says. "Stupid laws," I say under my breath.

"Hey, she made them for a reason." He says, sitting a glass on the bar and pouring a brown achohol into it "she, didn't make them, " I say, picking up the glass. He then walks to the back room. "Let me buy you another," a girl says behind me. I turn around, and she sits next to me. "You have to pay for these?" I ask. "Yep, normal cards," she says. "I don't have any right now," I say. "Let me buy you two then," she says. "Ok, who are you?" I ask.

"My name is Marie, but most call me mary," she says, flaging the bartender. "Weird, I've never heard of you," I say. "Weird, cause I've heard a lot about you," she says. "Do you even live here?" I ask. The bartender comes over, "How old are you dear?" He asks. "You served her." She says moody."Need your age, " he says. "18" she says, putting 10 cards down. "Get her another," she says, putting down 5 more.

"I live in the apartments," she says. "Oh ok, what room number?" I ask."287" she says. "Ok," I say. We sit and drink, and she tells me a little more about her, and we become friends. "Ok, well, I gotta go," I say, getting up. "Ok, bye Cassie," she says. "I didn't tell you my name," I say. "Oh, come on, you're basically a celebrity here." She says. "Ok, well bye then," I say.