27: 𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗴𝗼/𝗮

𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗵

three days 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿,
Bora 𝗕𝗼𝗿𝗮:

"Oh, no. The total is paid, sir."

Picking up my glass, I took a sip of the freshly squeezed lemonade. Purposefully avoiding the look on Ka'Dafii's face as he nodded to the words of our waiter. Those brown eyes focused on the only other person at the table. Instead of forcing the topic right now, he fished out a few bills as a tip before balling up the stamped receipt.

"You might need that later on." I mocked, pushing back my chair to stand.

My body was tired and the seafood that we just devoured, didn't help with the exhaustion one bit. Now I was just sleepy and full. But, I had a right to be. We've been up since nine AM to venture off on our third event of the five-day trip.

The ATV Quad tour.

It was right up Ka'Dafii's alley with the first and last hours of the tour consisting of us actually traveling from the touring points. As if his Atlanta street racing wasn't enough — given this opportunity was like a kid in a candy store.

"So that's what we doing now?" Ka'Dafii questioned, finishing the drink in front of him before standing with me.

For a short while, I stole the attention. Swaying him away as I fixed my clothing before we could walk through the crowd growing inside the restaurant's lobby. The early evening hours were approaching. Making it dinner time for most people here. While I'm sure we'll order room service at some point later.

For the ATV riding, KD had clothing prepared. The adventure was one he was most excited about, clearly. Packed away was an old basketball shirt, for me along with some biker shorts and a new pair of Nike Vermero 5 sneakers. He too wore a similar fit, except his sweat shorts stopped at his kneecaps. The thin black material was once mid-thigh on my frame also, but I cut them impulsively wanting something shorter. Which led me to barely covering up my backside.

"I don't know what you're talking about, bookie."

"Stop calling me that shit. Every time you say it, you being funny."

"Sorry, bookie. I'll stop." I dodged his touch by grabbing my phone and wallet from the table.

The two of us walked out of the restaurant together. Ka'Dafii was behind me as I took the time to check my phone. Messages from Milan popped up and quickly I asked what she was doing before going to the group chat with the girls. Throughout our four days here, I shared many photos with Jessy and Khadi. Attempting to decide on which to upload and the caption to choose for KD's birthday post. The five photos and random story uploads gained more attention than I was expecting. I barely showed the man's face, but the distinguished look of his hair gave it away.

Not that I minded.

"How Mimi doing?"

"I was finna ask about your mom actually." I mentioned instead, remembering the text Ms. Dakota sent after his birthday post and the fact that Sebastian followed me not too long after. "But she's okay. Jessy is staying over while Kay and Kai are in Vegas."

"She good," He told me regarding Dakota and I looked up at him. Raising an eyebrow at the simple response. "What Penelope?"

"Eww." Ka'Dafii laughed at my exaggeration of my first name, before pulling my frame closer to his as we walked the path. Thankfully our villa wasn't far from the restaurant. Right now, I wanted nothing more than a hot shower, some fresh clothes, and a bed for a few hours.