"And you are?"

AN:
At the beginning I'd like to add that I am not a native speaker. You will probably find plenty of mistakes in my grammar and in my spelling. Feel free to correct me in the comments. But please don't judge me for that and try to enjoy the story.
x Diandra

Rotten Eggs. These are the only two words which described the smell in the taxi I sat in.

I tried to ignore it and focused on the destination I was heading towards. My fingers were trembling and I almost started sweating thinking of the amazing years I'll have ahead of me when I can finally work for S.H.I.E.L.D. It still seems like a dream to me that they actually chose me, and five others, out of thousands. I've never been the type of person who was lucky, but this time fate must have been on my side. The yellow car stopped and I was finally able to breath fresh air again.

As I stepped out I took a look around searching for the Agent who will get me to the Center.

I was told that the taxi can't drive the whole way because of security reasons. I liked that. Secrets have always been my speciality. Suddenly I noticed a blonde woman, entirely dressed in black, walking towards me. I lifted my suitcase up and started making a few steps in her direction.

"Are you Taylor Jackson?", she asked firmly.

"Yes, I guess that's me" I answered smiling. She gave me a small, tender smile.

"I am Agent Seyfried. Follow me"

We headed to a black car with dark windows, and while I was sitting in it I realised that it smelled a lot better than the musty smelling vehicle I used to get here. The Agent keeps silent the whole ride and I had the feeling that she wasn't going to invite me for a drink anytime soon.

Instead of trying to start a conversation, I chose to wonder about the other lucky persons who will be as new to this as I am.

I used to visit a boarding school for Agents, where I was taught the basics and was prepared for working for different secret organisations. But I haven't been prepared for working hand in hand with superheroes. Whenever someone in my school even mentioned S.H.I.E.L.D. The teachers just laughed at them, because no one could ever just imagine to be able to work there.

But I am now able to, and I have absolutely no idea what is there ahead of me and I just hoped that I'm not alone with that and the others are as terrified as I am. That might not sound super nice but I can live with that.

"We're here" Agent Seyfried points at a huge metal door. I had been so busy with my thoughts that I didn't realize we actually drove under the earth. It was silent down here.

The only sound that broke that silence was caused by the metallic wheels of my suitcase. Behind the door there was a huge empty room with hundreds of elevator doors that seemed to be waiting for me to try them all out.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. has plenty of centers. This isn't one of them. This was built recently just for the new group of special agents that will work with the avengers. For example you. Here you'll find perfect training centers, small apartments for everyone, and a lot of rooms who are just built for you all for relaxing and getting your mind clear. I will lead you to your apartment. This afternoon is for you to explore a little of the building. The first official meeting with you and the others is tomorrow at 9am. Don't be late."

Agent Seyfried turned and walked to one of the elevator doors. I followed her trying to wrap my mind about the huge amount of information she gave me.

"See you tomorrow", I said as the Agent left me infront of my room door with nothing but a key and my suitcase. She didn't say anything but kept walking.

I put the key in the lock and turned it. The view I had after I opened it took my breath away. A huge bed, several high quality computers and a big book collection, perfect for research, a blue lava lamb next to the bed and a giant world map on the wall, were the first things I saw.

And the first thing I did, was throwing myself on the bed to rest for a few seconds. After that I got up and changed into my comfortable hoodie and put on some sweatpants.
I was torn between staying in my room to read a little or rather exploring the building. Thinking of the other new agents I finally made a decision.

It could happen that i meet them if i go now, and that sounded a lot better than waiting for tomorrow.

-
I stood infront of one of the elevator doors. The lift arrived and the doors opened with a small "bing".

But the elevator wasn't empty. In front of me there was no one else but the famous Steve Rogers aka Captain America. I couldn't help it but I felt a little dissapointed knowing that he was the first avenger i met. I would've prefered Iron Man, or Thor.

It even would have been fine if I got to meet Hawkeye first. But noo of course not it had to be Captain sentimental.

Faking a smile, I entered the lift.
"You Are Steve Rogers, right?"
I asked acting excited.

"Yes that's me. What floor do you need?", he asked, without smiling or anything.

"Uhh, I just wanted to see a little of this building. I just arrived here. Do you have any suggestions for me?"

He thought about it for a second and then he said:
"Then you should take the floor -13. It's where the bar is and you'll meet a few there I guess."

"Ah that sounds good thanks!", I answered smiling and pressed the button.

The elevator stopped and the doors opened.

"Well it was a pleasure to meet you Mr. Rogers."

He nodded and then he said

"Pleasure to meet you too.. Um.. And you are..?"

"My name is Taylor"

I answered quickly and jumped out of the elevator. Just when the doors almost closed I heard a quiet

"Goodbye Taylor"

Steve was right. There were quite a lot of people at the bar. None of them were part of the Avengers team but still I got really excited. A woman saw me and waved, grinning from cheek to cheek. She ran over to me and pulled me into a warm hug. I didn't know how to react at first but before I could do anything she let go of me and said:

"Welcome! You gotta be Taylor, right? Oh god this is going to be sooo exciting!"

I nodded my head and smiled.

"Yeah, I really hope so."