"Hurry up, old man"

It was 7 a.m. when I jogged beside the river. I had literally begged Agent Seyfried to let me go outside because I needed to get my mind clear; and there was no better way to do that than going for a run. The single trees were leaning over to the river, as if they wanted to kiss the water.

Cara had introduced me to some others from the team. I got to know the fierce Lana Collins, who had the power to make people feel an incredible amount of pain in a matter of seconds by just making a quick hand move, and Will Brown who hasn't got any powers but he also visited an agent-boarding school just like me.

There wasn't a lot Cara, the girl that greeted me so friendly yesterday, could tell me about Duerre Mason. All she knew was that Mason had lived in France for 18 years, where she has also visited an school specified on the education for young agents. Something I also figured out yesterday was that not only the team of new agent's and the avengers were being trained here but also several other groups who worked for S.H.I.E.L.D.

"On your left."

I winced when I suddenly heard a voice behind me. I was just about to turn around to check who it was when Steve Rogers already outpaced me.

"Thank you for the warning"
I whispered under my breath. It seemed to me like he had heard it because he grinned and said
"You are welcome." sarcastically.

I started running faster, trying outpace him this time. Which I absolutely failed, but I kept jogging faster to be right behind him.

"You are Taylor, aren't you?", he said without even looking at me.

"Sir, yes, Sir", I laughed.

His grin faded. Trying desperately to keep the conversation going I asked quickly.

"Uh, let me guess you are Steven Grant Rogers?"
The straight line of his mouth switched to a little smile.

"Woah you are good at guessing."

I giggled quietly.

We both arrived at the entrance of the S.H.I.E.L.D. building. Steve stopped running promptly and I stumbled and almost fell, when he catched me before I could hit the ground.

"Ooh, sorry.. um.. I mean thanks."

He just nodded.
I looked at him more carefully and appreciated his blonde hair that was wet from sweat and his blue, gorgeous eyes which were locked in mine. Suddenly I realized that he still had me in a tight grip. He also realized that just now and let me go. The awkward silence that followed was interrupted by Steve clearing his throat.

I jogged up the stairs and pressed my hand on the display that was right next to the door. It scanned my hand, but before I walked in I decided to look back at Steve who was still standing in front of the stairs.

"Hurry up, old man!", I called out joking and Steve smiled.

"You really think you're funny, Jackson?"

"Oh, actually I think my jokes are to die for."

He came up to me and followed me through the door and laughed.

"Well I guess than you're the only one."

I punched him jokingly and he giggled.

"I gotta get ready. See you at 9 o'clock?", I asked him.

He nodded smiling.
-
There were 6 people on the team. The meeting wasn't arranged by agent Seyfried but by the Avengers themselves. Stark and Rogers were both leading the meeting.

The team members all sat on an enormous table that definetly wasn't made for just 6 people. The avengers were sitting in different places and they were all watching us. Steve, who stood next to Tony at one end of the table, gave me small smile when I had entered the room.

I decided to sit between Cara and Will. Duerre sat in front of me giving a very cold look.

The meeting was boring. All we got to know was the names and the powers of the agent's and some plans how we are going to do the training in the next few weeks.
I recalled all the names of the other's so I could memorize them better.

Cara Spiegelman, her powers were amazing. She could burst into the smallest atoms and put herself together again. Which meant she could be for normal eyes invisible.

But not for Finn O'hay. His eyes were like super, HD camera lenses. They were able to focus and to sharpen and he even could see small atoms if he tried hard enough.

Halston Pey was trained in Canada to be a special agent. It was rumored that she was the best shooter of the world. (Clint does not agree.)

Duerre Mason, Will Brown had been (like me) students of boarding schools.

And Taylor Jackson, who had no idea why she has been chosen for this team.

At 11 am the meeting was over and Tony gave us, as we were leaving, a huge modern watch which should tell us when we have to go to train, or what we had to do in general.

"Woah! I guess it's a miracle that we can go to the toilet without a permission.", I said rolling my eyes when Stark gave it to me.
Steve smiled and held back a giggle. Tony laughed and said

"Yes well actually you really do need a permission."

-

Cara and me were sitting in her room and I was braiding her hair in little tails while she told me about her first meeting with the Avengers.

"It was two years ago, I think. I was casually shopping when those suited man came up to me who went like 'You need to come with us' and I went like 'The hell I need to' and then they just took me with them. The Avengers waited on me when we arrived at S.H.I.E.L.D. and they told me about how they need me for a mission S.H.I.E.L.D. plans and I said yes. Amazing story right. But let's be honest: Isn't Thor super cute?" Laughing I answered:

"Um I guess so. I actually think Steve is quite cool."

Cara bursted out laughing "Captain sleeping-tablet? Oh hell no"

"He is funny." I added.

"I think we met two different Steve's. The one I know didn't even laugh when I told the joke with the drunken cop. And that is the funniest fucking joke I know."

"If you say so."
--

This is a very short chapter but I am only warming up.
Xoxo diandra