"Everyday, for the rest of my life."

The big corridors of the Institute didn't scare me anymore. In fact I welcomed their loneliness with open arms. When I was on my way to the first training session, I heard someone's footsteps break the silence.

I turned around and noticed Cara walking right behind me. She didn't seem like she had noticed me before and her gaze met mine. I felt sudden heat rushing through me and I tried to swallow my anger. 

If she starts a conversation, I can't guarantee for anything, I thought.

But she didn't do so. She turned her heel and stalked away. Good decision.

I turned back around and swung the door open. The instructors today were Steve and Clint. But Steve was nowhere to be seen. I suddenly felt sick and my stomach tightened.

The memories of yesterdays incident flashed in front of my eyes and my face suddenly started to burn. Quickly I took a knife and started to practice throwing it. The first one crashed against the wall, two meters away from the actual target. 

There was a sudden rush of embarrassment and anger that caused me to throw the next knife with such force that it hit the target in the middle.

"Great Job, Jackson!", Clint said proudly. I forced myself to smile at him. 

Where could Steve be? He probably just didn't want to see me since he was probably disappointed with me.

Oh god. Why did I have to do that? It's not like I can't control my emotions or anything. I was a grown woman. It was just that he was so nice and the way he had looked at me must have overwhelmed me.

I sighed and forced myself to listen to Clint who gave us instructions. 

Then suddenly the door swung open and Steve entered. No one bothered to look and continued to listen to Clint. But I couldn't tear my gaze off him. 

His hair was messy and there were dark bags under his eyes as if he had stayed up all night, his clothes were wrinkled as if he had slept in them though.

Suddenly his blue eyes locked into mine and for a moment I thought he would smile at me. But the moment passed and he teared his gaze away from mine and shook his head. 

"Sorry Clint. I kinda slept in.", Steve said with an unusual annoyed, dark tone in his voice. Clint either didn't notice or just didn't care. 

"No problem, Cap.", he said. 

--

I found myself at the bar in the late afternoon, since I couldn't get myself to go to my singing room, as I called it. The walls just seemed to be drenched with memories of yesterday. 

"Hey, what are you up to?"

The familiar voice felt like a punch in the stomach. Cara.

"What do you want?", I said through gritted teeth.

"Woah, relax!", she threw her hands in the air.

"Can we please talk? I am tired of you being mad at me."

"Why don't you go and weep about it on Will's shoulder?", I said.

"Well Will and me aren't really a thing anymore.", she whispered.

"Oh, I am sorry.", I tried to not make it sound too sarcastic but I couldn't care less.

"I guess love destroyed you?"

She threw me a venomous gaze.

"Shut up, Taylor."

I laughed. "Make me."