"I just can't wait for love to destroy us"

At first I thought it would take forever to fit in. There was no way to stop me thinking that I would forever be the outsider, the one who doesn't get any quests and who would just sit at the computer and research.

But thank god it didn't turn out to be like that.

I wanted to make friends with the ones who were like me, with no supernatural ability, but that kinda didn't work out. Cara saved me with her friendship though. I still don't how why she hung around with such a boring, weak woman like me. When I asked her about it she just said that I have a super low self-esteem and I should stop putting myself down like that. Well, her advice didn't work out on me.

The only one with no special superpowers who was nice to me was Will. Probably just because of Cara.
I didn't know they had known each other before the whole agent thing started, but according to Halston they were pretty good friends.
-
"So are you excited?", Cara asked me as we walked to the elevator.

"I had an agent training before. This isn't a new territory for me.", I remarked.

"Yeaaah. But not with the avengers!"

In that exact moment Will walked by. He smiled looking at Cara and she blushed a little. When he was gone, she normalized again. I don't think there's anything that could make Cara feel embarrassed or unconfident for more than two minutes.

"So what's between you and Will?" I asked, trying not to sound to curious.

"Well he has been my boyfriend for two months now. And it's weird"
I tried to ignore the fact that I was surprised about it and asked
"Why should it be weird?"

She laughed.

"Well my relationships usually don't work out. None of them."

And then she continued with a darker look on her face: "Actually I can't wait for love to destroy us."

I tried understanding what she meant but then she started smiling again and took my hand.

"Come on, honey! We're about to kick some asses!"
-
The training wasn't very similar to the one I absolved on the boarding school. We didn't start at the bottom, we didn't try out the basics at first, but we started with situations we could get into.

Like, when you don't have any weapon to defend yourself.
After two hours I thought my body would break if I didn't take a break.

I walked over to the Buffet and took a watterbottle out of a cooled bowl, and when I turned around I noticed a little piece of paper pinned on a pillar behind me. In that exact moment Clint Barton also decided to make a little pause and joined me.

While he was drinking he studied the other beginner agents how they trained, and I studied the little piece of paper. The phone numbers of Steve, Tony, Clint, Agent Seyfried and of the rookies were written on it. I was  putting the numbers into the phone Seyfried gave to me when the bell rang which meant now we had free time.

Everyone, expect for me, ran towards the doors but they got held up by Clint.

"Before you go make sure that you all have the numbers of each other so we can communicate better. Just how Jackson does it. Good Job, Jackson!"

Now everyone gazed into my direction. I smiled softly and pointed to the pillar.

"There are the  numbers"
-

"You know what, Jackson?"

"What?"

"You are boring."

"Thanks, Cara, I appreciate it."

"Don't get me wrong. You are cute with your bangs and your long blonde hair and them blue eyes and stuff but there is nothing daring about you.", she continued.