Ch 17: Claim

She bows at me ninety degrees making me gape at her in shock but I quickly cover up by taking a step back and turning myself to face Jungkook.

"Hey.. you two can continue talking, I'll get the billing done." With that I awkwardly leave the two alone as I carry the basket full of chips towards the billing counter but my steps were slow as I try to listen more of their conversation.

Will Jungkook correct her? Tell her I'm not his sister but girlfriend? What if she tries something else..

"I should go uncle's calling." He tells her giving a hint that we weren't sibling but he didn't reject her directly.

"How about getting a coffee next time we meet, I want to thank you for helping me out today." I slowly turn around to see her holding Jungkook's arm but he makes sure to push her hands away.

I scoff at the girls behaviour? Help? You could reach the top shelf on your own!!
If you want to thank him for that then you should buy me coffee for not strangling you even after you flirted with my boyfriend!!

"You don't need to thank me, now please excuse me my girlfriend's waiting." He finally turns around to walk towards me and I hasten my steps, I've been standing there the entire time and it would be very embarrassing if Jungkook finds out about it.

I put all the snacks and juices on the counter and before the person behind the counter could start Jungkook was already by my side.

"Hey, I didn't know what you like so I got all the different ones..
Oh you got banana milk? I love that!" He talks as if nothing happened, normally it would make me happy that he was trying to figure out my preference but right now that wasn't the priority.

"Yeah I figured, you fridge had a lot of those." I didn't look at him but continue placing all the items from the cart on to the counter.

"Are you upset about something?" He take the things from my hands and puts it on the counter, if he really wanted to help he should pick things from the cart and not my hands.

But he didn't want that, he wanted my attention because I was being cold.

"No, why did you do something bad?" I ask him instead.

"What? No, obviously not, infact that girl just asked me for coffee and I rejected her." He replies with a proud smile making me scoff.

"Thanks for the favour."

"Y/n.. you left me alone with her!" He complains.

"You two were already alone, I had just interrupted your moment so I decided to quietly leave especially after you didn't correct her about me being your sister."

"You could be my step sister." He wiggles his eyebrows making me almost laugh but I don't.

"Oh come on I saw you smile now stop it, I didn't know you could be this jealous." His voice clearly showed how much he was enjoying the entire situation.

"I'm not!" I give the cashier my card but before he could take hold of it Jungkook snatches it from me.

"If you hate other girls flirting with me then you should stand up for yourself."  He says and he fishes out his credit card from the wallet and gives it to the cashier instead.

"What do you mean?" I ask him genuinely wanting to know what he meant by fighting for myself?

"You should have told her to back off and claimed me in front of her."

"Claim you?"

"Yeah kiss me or something, show them you own me."

A smile breaks out on my face once I hear his words.

"I don't own you Kook."

"But I want you to have an authority over me I was really hurt when you just left me alone with that gurl it felt like you didn't care.."

"I did but I was too jealous to think about such a thing, next time I'm going to fight for you okay?"

________________________________________

We reach Seoul, the journey had been fun thanks to Jungkook who always had a conversation going with both my parents he even asked a lot of questions to Dad about business which made my mom happier than ever knowing that he was actually interested in work, I don't know what kind of an image he has at home because my mom even told him that she thought he was too moody but he ended up being really funny.

"I just let other people get the spotlight sometimes." He said making my mom laugh.

"It was great journey with you all , I'll make sure to drive next time so you can rest uncle." He bowed ninety degrees before leaving.

"Such a nice kid." My dad was fascinated which was a rare thing.

That boy literally knows how to win people's heart.