x.

CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

you will fall in love many times
in your life but the best one will be
falling in love with your best friend.

BAMBI DIPPED A COTTON PAD INTO SOME
lukewarm water before applying it to JJ's face, removing all the dried-up blood.

in pained her when he winced with every touch he felt, or every time more blood started running because the cut was too deep.

she had explained the child services situation, making Pope, Kiara and JJ agree to happily stay over, making sure she can stay safe.

she was sat on her bed, JJ beside her as she looked after him, like always.

it was always their thing, if one of them got hurt then only each other could help out, nobody else and if someone offered, they would refuse.

the brunette frowned as the boy winced again, feeling the pain of her going over his cut, "okay, honest opinion. how bad do I look?"

"you look fine, J. In fact, the cut on your lip makes you look badass." Bambi chuckled, looking at him.

the pair didn't talk as they looked at each other and for the first time, Bambi realised how much JJ meant to her. She knew for a fact that without him, she probably wouldn't feel safe being in her own house or being around people.

he was the person that was always there for her with open arms and a smile on his face, no matter what she did. hell, if she killed someone he probably still would love her just as much.

love was a strong word though. love was the word that you would say to someone when you want them in your life together when you can't function without them.

maybe she did love JJ, but did she love him as a best friend or something more?

best friends are hard to find, they're the people that become your rock and without having one you don't feel like a real person.

but as she looked into his crystal blue eyes, she felt a new feeling in her stomach that she had never felt with him before.

she knew exactly what it was but could it be possible? could she have a crush on JJ?

her best friend?

clearing her throat and looking away, Bambi stood up and looked at him again, trying to keep herself together, "you can take John Bs room whilst he's gone, he won't mind."