xxviii.

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

my eyes adore you,
but it's my soul that fell in love with you.

THE ROUTLEDGE TWIN STARED AT THE SKY above her after she woke up. she didn't know what time it was but she knew it was early. everyone else was still asleep.

she was still wrapped in JJs arms, her head on his chest as she thought about where John B could be. was he alive? why hadn't he answered their messages?

her mind soon drifted to the blonde beside her. they hadn't had much alone time recently unless it was dark outside and even then, they mostly just laid in silence, enjoying each others presence.

she didn't have much sleep last night but she had more then enough to get her through the day. the truck wasn't as comfy as her bed at home and it was hard to find a good position.

deciding she was bored, she looked up at a sleeping JJ and lifted his hat up from off his head, placing it on her own, "J, are you awake?"

the boy let out a small hum, getting his grip back around her waist before falling back into his sleep, continuing his dream.

"J, wake up, it's morning." bambi said again, this time bringing her hand up to cup his cheek.

the blonde opened his eyes, quickly closing them as the sudden light that shone in his eyes, "i don't think im going to be able to see again."

bambi pulled a face, immediately taking off his hat and putting it back on his head to keep it out of his eyes, "i'm sure you will be okay."

"why did you wake me up again?" he asked her, beginning his stretch, "kie and pope aren't even awake. what time even is it?"

the girl shrugged, sitting up, "the time i can not tell you but i woke you up because i want to go on a walk, without those two."

"a walk? in the middle of nowhere?" JJ furrowed his eyebrows, sitting up as well as he adjusted his hat on his head.

"it's not like we are going to get lost, it honestly just looks like a continuous long road." she smiled, standing up and jumping out of the truck.

"and if we do?" JJ followed her as she started walking, putting her hand out for him to grab.

"then atleast we will be lost together, right?" Bambi leaned into him as they began their walk. they had nowhere to go but it had to lead them somewhere.

THE COUPLE HAD BEEN WALKING A GOOD ten minutes as they spoke about nothing and everything. this was a good time for them to say what they needed to say without pope
or kiara hearing.