Nico Di Angelo x Reader~ The Dance

♣7 Minutes In Heaven♣

"(Your name)!!! Are you coming or what?" asked Travis Stoll. He was yelling into the (your godly parent) cabin. Your cabin.

"JUST A SECOND!" you shout to one of your best friends. You are trying to look perfect for the party. Apollo's and Aphrodite's cabin were hosting another night time dance, for campers who were 16 and older. Lucky for you, this one was a casual dance. Usually it didn't matter how you looked at the parties you went to, but this one was important. Hades' son, Nico Di Angelo was going. And he didn't go to many parties. Not many people noticed Nico. He was one of those guys who was always in the corner and quiet. But lately, you realized how cute he truly was, with his midnight black hair and coal colored eyes. Dark and perfect.

"Girl, we are gonna be late!" called Connor, Travis' younger brother.

"Wait! Only one more minute!" you shout back. These Hermes guys were your best friends, they were awesome and stuff, but they could be way to persistent sometimes. You bend down and look under your bunk for your silver jackets with the symbol of your godly parent on the back. It was your favorite, and everyone said you looked perfect in it. Maybe Nico would think the same! Then you heard some laughter from your best friends outside. Oh no. The Stoll brothers had something up their sleeve. You grabbed your jacket and listened to what the brothers were talking about.

"Yeah! That would be the best game to play!" Connor laughs.

"Maybe you would get Katie Gardner from Demeter! She's had a crush on you for years!" jokes Travis.

"No way!" shouts Connor, "But I think it's still a good idea. We'll tell Will once we get to the Dining Pavilion."

"Sweet!" says Travis. You walk out, wearing your jacket.

"What game is this?" you asks, eyebrows raised. Connor and Travis look at you with mouths right open.

"You look amazing (your name)!" the Stolls say together.

"Thanks!" you say, smiling. Connor then makes a joke about Travis and his crush from Aphrodite, and you forget all about the game your best friends were talking about.

When you get to the Dining Pavilion, music is blaring. The tables had Apollo guys and girls are singing and playing their musical instruments. Everyone was standing around the edges of the Pavilion, waiting for the dance to really start. It was 8:55 p.m., and the dance started at 9:00. You and the Stoll brothers walked in.

"We're going to talk to Will Solace about something. Be back soon, (your name)!" calls Connor, and him and Travis disappear into the crowd. You walk over to Annabeth Chase, Grover Underwood, and Percy Jackson, who were talking. Then you see Nico, standing in a corner, leaning against the wall, playing on an IPod. You take a path through people to walk in front of him. When you pass by, Nico looks up, his eyes shining.

"Hey, (your name)." he says, and gives a little wave. You smile softly back.

"Hey Nico." You walk over and stand next to him. You lean over his shoulder to look a the screen. "What are you doing?" Nico grins and holds the iPod so you can see too.

"Capture the Flag Simulator. It's an app that Hermes made for Demigods. Wanna try?" You shrug.

"Why not?" Nico hands you the iPod. On the screen is the camp Half-blood woods. You were about to hit the 'PLAY' button, when Connor and Travis came over.

"Hey Nico, (your name)!" Travis says.

"Hey guys!" you say and hand the iPod back to Nico.

"The dance is suppose to start any minute!" Nico shrugs, and you nod. Then Will and Silena Beauregard go up to the stage the Hephaestus guys had whipped up last second. It looked great, though. Silena talked first.