Eighteen

Katherine's Point Of View

I woke up early in the morning, by the sound of something hitting the floor. My head quickly lifted up from Jason's hard chest. It's been two days since we got here.

Jason and I quickly agreed on the idea of me having my own gun on me. At first he was stubborn and kept saying that I didn't need it, and that I could get hurt; but then I told him about, how used I was to having a gun on me, before we met; and asked him what I would do if anything happened, like the last time, when he said I didn't needed a phone. We all know what happened then.

I looked at Jason's face; he was as beautiful like an angel. I couldn't wake him up, if it was nothing. I grabbed my gun from under my pillow, and got up from the bed. As I walked down the hall, and over by the stairs, the sounds kept getting louder. When I got to the staircase, I quickly slide my body up against the wall so they wouldn't see me.

I looked down and saw light coming from the kitchen. There weren't only one shadow, but two. It might be some of the guys eating or something, but usually they don't make that much noise.

The two persons came out of the kitchen and into the living room. It certainly wasn't any of the guys. They were dressed in all black, so I couldn't see if it was someone I knew. They were looking around in the room; and luckily for me, I was standing in the dark side of the hallway. One of them turned around and looked at the staircase. If it hadn't been for the darkness, I would have been caught.

The man turned around, and that's when I quietly began to back away. I began to run down to my and Jason's room. It's lucky I've been a thief; I know how to run without making much noise. The most noise I make is that low that no one really hears it.

I opened the door and ran to Jason. When I got over to his side, I shook him so I knew he would wake up. "Baby girl, why are you shaking me while I'm asleep?" he sounded in an extremely bad mood. "Jason, please be quiet," I quickly whispered to him, he looked at me like I was going mad, "there is someone down stairs." That quickly got his attention.

"What?!" his eyes were wide open by now. I nodded, and made the look, so he knew that I meant it.

Jason quickly got up and looked out of the door; I guess no one was there. "Katherine, you'll stay here, I go get the guys. No matter what, don't come out from this room." He was looking me directly in the eye. He must be mad if he thinks I'll stay here. What if anything happens to him?!

"But wha-", I was quickly interrupted, "No Katherine, you stay here!" he gave me a strict look. Jason grabbed some sweatpants that were lying on a chair, and took them on. After that he looked me dead in the eye, gave me a quick kiss, and then he was out of the door.

It hurt me a bit that he didn't want me to go with him. But I know it's because he wants me to be safe. I heard the guys talk while walking down the hall.

When I had been in the bedroom for more than fifteen minutes, I decided that it was time for me to make a move. I heard some voices through the door. It was at least two men. What have happened with Jason, he wouldn't have let them go up here if something wasn't wrong. The steps got closer and closer. Suddenly one of the footsteps went away; like they were walking away.

The sound of a person coming closer got higher. I went over and stood behind the door, so when it opened, I wouldn't be visible.