Chapter 6

As her mother entered, Rory nervously tapped her foot on the family room floor. She wanted to tell her mom about Dean—but could she find the words? Gathering up her courage, she looked into her mother's eyes and started to speak.

"Mom," she began cautiously, "There's something I need to tell you...I met someone special." Her heart raced faster with every word; still, Rory mustered enough strength and resolve to continue. "His name is Dean," she continued, fighting off tears that threatened to spill from the corner of each eye. Her voice shook but remained steady as held back a sob.

Mom gave Rory an intense but supportive look before finally shrugging her shoulders and saying "Good for you", followed by a short smile. She then wrapped her arm around Anna's shoulder while continuing sympathetically "Honey, I won't be here to dictate who you should or shouldn't be with.

Rory's mother gave him a knowing look, her eyes shining with a sympathetic understanding. "It pains me to see Anna suffer like this," she said gently. She paused and took in a deep breath before continuing, "She's feeling quite overwhelmed by the sudden changes in your lives lately."

Rory nodded silently as his mother went on, her voice softening further. "She loves you so much and is scared of what will happen to you kid." There was an expectant pause before Rory's mom finally finished with one more thought: "I think she needs some reassurance right now."

Rory nodded once more, standing up and gently embracing his mom before saying "I'll make sure she's okay". He then turned to Anna, squeezing her shoulder softly. With a reassuring smile he said, "It'll be alright, I promise".

Anna felt the warmth of his touch and felt relieved for the first time in days. She returned the smile, feeling safer with her twin. Together they made their way out of the room and back into reality. Little did they know that from then on, their lives.

Time skip to Lorelai

Douse's Market was a small-town shop, with its wooden floors and creaking shelves of goods. Dean worked as a bagger here in the mornings before school, loading groceries into paper bags for customers. The owner was an opinionated man with white hair and glasses perched on his nose; he'd often come out from behind the counter to bark orders at Dean while he filled up bag after bag for shoppers.

Lorelai had come here to pick up some groceries for the night, and when she saw Dean busy at work, she stopped to watch. As he finished bagging each item.

Lorelai practically forced Dean into going to movie night at the house with the intent of helping Anna become more comfortable and warning him about boundaries in place. She stood in front of him with her hands on her hips, tapping her foot impatiently waiting for a reply.

Dean seemed a bit taken aback at the invitation, but eventually, he nodded and said hesitantly "Okay I'll come". Lorelai had a satisfied look on her face, knowing that she'd persuaded him.