mune

If you like the chapter, don't forget to comment and like it. Thank you 💙

08/16/23

-----

Summary:

Lidya spends time with Kiri, but then a lot of things happened. Despite everything, she still achieves her purpose.

-----

"I'm glad you came to help, Lidya. Thank you."

I felt a surge of excitement in my chest upon hearing Kiri's cheerful voice. I turned to her and smiled sincerely. Today, Kiri and I were heading towards the forest together. Under the orders of Tsahik Mo'at, Kiri and I were going to gather the missing and depleted medicinal plants. Despite Kiri insisting that she could handle it alone, I insisted on helping her. I didn't have much to do at the moment, and Kiri was my friend. I mean, if I'm not going to help her, who else would I help? Botany was never something I excelled at. All sorts of plants have different names. I have no idea about their benefits, drawbacks, or what they're used for. They all seem the same to me. I have no clue how they differentiate them from each other. I love flowers-colorful, beautiful, and fragrant. But green-colored herbs never made it to my top 10 list. Kiri, on the other hand, adores plants. Actually, she loves nature in general. Every time we go to the forest, she looks around as if she's enchanted. She's always amazed. I often see her happy here. She longs to be one with nature. Perhaps the reason for her being like this is her closeness to Eywa. Interestingly, Kiri has a special connection with Eywa. No one can figure it out. Some admire it, while others find it strange and are afraid. That's why some Na'vi who approach this topic negatively call Kiri a freak due to this issue and, of course, her different appearance. The same goes for Lo'ak. Countless arguments and fights have erupted over this disgusting topic. I've always understood Kiri and Lo'ak and stood by their side, offering support. Because I'm human, and I've heard the same things said to me. Even worse things. In the past, when someone insulted or looked down on me, I would get upset and start crying, and it would bother me. But as time went on and I continued to experience these words and attitudes frequently, you start getting used to them. This time, you start to not care. It doesn't matter if it's a human or a Na'vi. Everyone is afraid of and starts mistreating those who are different from themselves. It's like an unchanging rule.

"Here we are. In this area, we can find all the plants and trees we need."

Kiri's voice pulled me away from all my thoughts. As I looked around, it seemed we were somewhat deep into the forest, but not too far from the clan. There were plenty of plants, flowers, and of course, insects around. As long as they didn't bite me, I wasn't too concerned. I placed the empty basket on the grass. When I looked at Kiri, I saw she had already started gathering the plants. I didn't know much about plants, but I could ask Kiri and gather them. I looked around and began asking Kiri about the plants that caught my eye.

"Kiri? Is this plant suitable? Should I pick it?"

Kiri stood up from her crouched position and examined the plant I pointed to. She nodded, indicating that I could pick it.

"That's a fwäkìwll. You call it a mantis orchid. You can pick it. Just gently pluck it without harming the plant."

After getting the nod of approval, I carefully plucked the plant just as she instructed. After picking a few more similar plants, I placed them in the basket. I looked around to pick another plant. One on a slight hill caught my attention. It had an unusual shape. I was about to touch it when Kiri grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"That's a väfewll. If you touch it, you'll smell worse than a Pa'li's dung for a week. I wouldn't advise it."

She said with a grin. I mumbled, making it clear that I understood. Okay, don't touch everything you see, Lidya. Don't get into trouble. Without Kiri, I would have both smelled terrible for a week and become the entire clan's entertainment. Congratulations for avoiding a life of embarrassment.