nayn

If you like the chapter, don't forget to comment and like it.  Thank you 💙

09/08/23

-----

Summary:
Olo'eyktan is sharing the happy news with the Omatikaya people. Lidya and Neteyam are very happy, but will their happiness last long?

-------

<<Twelve years ago>>

"No, that's not right! You're doing it wrong."

Neteyam pouted and puffed up his cheeks. I sat down next to him to show him the right way. I smiled at him, took a small, spherical carved stone in my hand, and aligned it to hit the other round stones in front of us. Neteyam was watching me intently.

"Look, you should do it like this."

I said wisely, placing the round stone between my fingers and then flicking it towards the other stones in front of us. The stone quickly hit them, causing them to scatter in different directions. When I succeeded in hitting the stones, I looked at Neteyam with a smile. He was looking at me with wide-eyed admiration.

"You did it, Lidya! You succeeded! You hit the stones."

He said joyfully, smiling. I quickly went to collect the scattered stones and returned to Neteyam. I handed him another stone from the ground. He took the stone with his long, blue fingers and began to examine it. Then, he placed the round stone between his fingers and pressed his hand against the ground. I placed my hand on top of his to help him align it correctly.

"Your fingers should be like this. Now try hitting the stones."

Neteyam stuck out his tongue in concentration. Just like he had seen me do, he flicked the round stone with his fingers. The stone quickly went towards the other stones and hit only three of them. Neteyam didn't seem pleased with that. On the contrary, I cheered and congratulated him, immediately giving him a big hug.

"You did it, 'Teyam! You hit the stones! I knew you could do it."

After a short embrace, I stepped back from him. He had lowered his head and wasn't looking at me. His cheeks had turned slightly darker. There was a foolish smile on his face. While fiddling with his fingers, he replied to me.

"I didn't do it. I only hit three of them. I couldn't hit all of them like you did."

I was about to respond when a deep male voice interrupted. We looked towards the source of the voice and saw that it was Jake. He was leaning against a tree, watching us with a smile. When I saw him, I waved and giggled.

"But that doesn't mean you didn't succeed, son. If you stay up late playing marbles with Norm just like your friend, you'll hit them all next time."

He said with a smile. Neteyam ran to hug his father as soon as he heard that. Jake crouched down and hugged Neteyam. In the meantime, I was pouting.

"Hey, Norm taught me how to play marbles. If I won't play with him, who will I play with?"

I said half-jokingly and slightly offended. Jake chuckled at what I said, shaking his head from side to side. Then, he raised his right arm as his left arm was wrapped around Neteyam. I got up and ran to slip under his right arm. I rested my head on his chest. Neteyam had placed his head on the other side. Jake held us both tightly with his hands, hugging us. We chuckled and looked at each other. I looked at Neteyam with happiness shining in his amber eyes. I reached out and squeezed his hand tightly. I smiled at him, then closed my eyes, hugging Jake even tighter with the happiness of that moment.