Chapter Nineteen

Mike looked through the shots I'd taken in the empty arena and shivered slightly.

"These are really creepy," he suddenly said and I smiled.

"I kind of messed with the shadows a bit on them. But I thought maybe they'd fit well for the Halloween magazine? I know it's a month or so off but honestly once I'd taken them I wasn't too sure, but this would be a good use of them. I've got these as well which could be used alongside them." I handed him the copies of the pictures I'd taken at Graceland Cemetery and he looked through them.

"I really don't know how you visit places like that after dark," he said. "I'm spooked just looking at these. But they're good; really good."

"So you think we can use them?" I asked and Mike nodded.

"Absolutely. I want some more shots like this, kind of spooky ready for the Halloween edition. Get some of the boys up to Graceland if you can; it would be the perfect setting." I nodded in agreement and we started to look at what time we would have to do the shoot, as time was not on our side for this. Mark readily agreed to the shoot, which I was a little surprised by as he wouldn't let me photograph him the day before. Mike also rounded up Legion of Doom, Curt, Razor, Luna, Bam Bam, Alundra and Bret. We were going to head as a group and they were all instructed to wear the colours most associated with them but not ring gear and to just explore, trying to forget I was there.

For the second night I was up at the cemetery after dark. This time Ed was with me, his eyes looking about as wide as saucers and I knew he was not at all comfortable. He was professional though and followed me about as I took pictures. It was an awesome place to do the shoot in and we ensured we were respectful. There was no horseplay or laughter. Everybody was serious and solemn as they moved around and I managed to get plenty of incredible shots. Interestingly not one of them was posed as I crept about capturing them when they didn't know I was there. I got some more shots of some of the larger graves and monuments to use alongside them and as we wrapped up Bret came across to me.

"You really came here last night, just you and Mark?" he asked, looking around him. I smiled and nodded. "I mean it's beautiful in its own way but..."

"Creepy as hell," Ed put in, as he took the bag from me and put it in the trunk of the car. Bret laughed.

"Yeah pretty much sums it up. Not surprised you weren't willing to come last night."

"Oh I'd have come if Miss Summers asked me to," Ed said, easily. "I wouldn't have enjoyed it but I'm happy to accompany her wherever she needs to go."

Bret stilled and looked from Ed to me.

"You didn't ask him?" he said. Ed picked up on the fact he might have dropped me in it and looked a little uncomfortable. He cleared his throat.

"Um..."

"No, it's alright Ed," Bret said. "Just out of interest does she often head out after dark on her own?"

"No sir. She just knows I'm not comfortable with cemeteries and Undertaker went with her?" He was trying to backtrack and I appreciated it.

"Yes," I said quickly. "I didn't want to put Ed in a difficult position so I went with Mark. It was all fine."

Bret looked across at me, a slight scowl on his face, but then he nodded.

"Alright." His tone was a little hard still and I looked away, not looking forward to the moment when we were alone. The ride back to the hotel was silent and when I headed up to my room, Bret followed me, closing the door behind me. Ed, sensing the mood, just headed back to his own room. I set my bag down on the table and then turned towards Bret a little nervously to find him stood directly behind me. He placed a finger under my chin, tilting my face up to look at him. "You've known me long enough to know I don't like being lied to, Angel."