Chapter 1

Hwasa put on her police uniform and headed to the station after getting a call. She hurried into the office and stared at the board.

Hwasa:Where?

Solar:In Seoul. How is this Wheein always ahead of us.

Moonbyul:What if Wheein is getting intel from someone. What if Wheein is getting orders from someone else?

Hwasa:So your saying someone is making Wheein give these orders out right?

Moonbyul:Ne. We should go to the place that was last hit which was that nightclub.

Solar:Yeah we should. It was illegal gambling going underground. Someone will spill to us.

Hwasa:Who knows we might see Wheein there.

Solar:Nahh. Wheein is playing smart.

Moonbyul:We should wear body armor just in case anything happens.

Hwasa(scoffs):We need to catch this fucker fast! Hm? What is your plan Jung Wheein. (Stares at the board) Wait. So far two major players if you want to call them that names Kim Ha-Joon and Park Seo-Joon both were murder at 10:30pm on Friday at Ha-Joon house. If you notice on the photos the victims died holding a piece of paper. Ha-Joon was holding 10 and Seo-Joon was holding 9. What's the new victim name?

Solar:Joo-Won.

Moonbyul:He was in his 30s and died by multiple stab wounds. We are waiting for his phone to power up so we can see his call log. He had paper in his hand too. 8 was on it. The woman that called the police said she heard him yelling on the phone about money.

Hwasa:Have you interviewed this woman?

Solar:Mm. She said no one showed up in a car or anything. After the phone call he went inside his house and all she heard was his dog barking. She saw a shadow in the bedroom and immediately called 911. The victim eyes and mouth was covered so she couldn't hear him scream.

Hwasa(looks at the board):Hm? So all three victims are connected.

Solar:Wheein is after the Kingpin himself!

Moonbyul:Hm? Why you say that?

Solar:Wheein is counting down each murder right?

Hwasa:Yea.

Solar:The last killer Hwasa caught his nickname was the countdown killer. At a certain time and certain day he kills. He went after people who gamble and part of the mafia. Wheein is doing the same thing as him.

Moon:Are you saying that the countdown killer is mind controlling Wheein?

Hwasa:You might be right Unnie. We need to go interview him.

Moonbyul:We did earlier. That asshole won't listen.

Hwasa(grabs her notebook and coffee):Well make him listen.

They head into the Interrogation Room and sat down. The "Countdown Killer" sat down in front of them and started laughing like crazy. Hwasa stares at him which made him stop and stare.

CountDown:What do you want?

Hwasa:Jung Wheein. Know her?

CDK(gets shocked but doesn't say anything):I ain't saying nothing.

Hwasa:Mm. Though so. (Stands up) You stay here as long as you like then while Wheein roams free. I will find her and have her locked up like you.

CDK(laughs):You'll never find her. Nobody knows what she looks like.

Moon:You do though asshole. Now where she is.

CDK(laughs):You'll never find her. Wheein victims true identity never had been revealed. Once she kills she never leaves a trail. She's a silent killer who kills in the dark.

Solar:Stop with the bullshit.

Hwasa:Lets go. He's no help.

CDK:When the time comes Wheein will be revealed. She will come to you and send a shiver down your spine. Be careful when you fill that chill be cause that's a sign your are about to be killed (laughs) Wheein didn't kill those people Hwasa. That's a distraction from the man himself(laughs) Once Wheein kills no one will be left(laughs louder and stands up and stares at Hwasa) Listen to my words Hwasa. Wheein will turn herself in if you found out who she is. Those three people are the ones I killed. Wheein is only after the mega people who are rich. Take look at evidence you have. Like the phone (takes a deep breath) Let's see if the truth will be revealed. (Walks back to his cell laughing)

Solar:That dude is annoying.

Moonbyul:Seriously.

Hwasa(realizes):No... he's telling the truth. Wheein identity was never revealed. The two victims were 100% murdered by Countdown but the new one was killed a different way. What if Wheein sent someone to do that?

Solar:Hm. Let's go check on the phone.

Hwasa put on gloves and immediately unlocked the phone since the battery was dead. They saw many phone calls from wife and neighbors but that was it. Until the phone started to ring. Hwasa answered and put it on speaker without answering.

?:I heard your looking for me. You should be careful. I know everything about you your friends too. Officer Hwasa Officer Moonbyul and Officer Solar. Hye-Jin Moon Byul-yi and Yongsun. Moonbyul has a son right two years old. Solar has and older sister and as for Hwasa a younger brother. Don't fuck with me. I see you not saying anything on the phone. That's fine. I know you have a time limit to catch me. You should hurry your time is running out (laughs) Oh your looking for Wheein right? You'll never find that girl. She walking amongst us like a normal human being. Good luck detectives. You'll need it (hangs up)

Moonbyul:Fuck! We couldn't even trace the call. They had a burner phone.

Solar:Wait... something isn't right. Hwasa call the wife number. That's the last number before he died.

Hwasa:Ne! (Calls the number)

?:Hello? How the fuck are you calling me and your dead!

Hwasa(mouths):Track the phone.

Moonbyul(nods)

?:So your not going to say anything again huh?! I'm glad I sent that fucker to kill you! You fucking piece of shit! I hope you rot in hell!

Moonbyul(thumbs up):Got it!

Hwasa(hangs up):Lets go pay this "Wife" a visit.

Solar:We need to find this person fast.

Hwasa:I agree Unnie but for now let's go see who this woman is.