Chapter 13: Day of the Serpant

It was a very long walk from the tents to the stadium, especially after dinner. But thanks to Ginny, I only had to walk half the time because she allowed me to hitch a ride on her back.

Even though Ron complained the entirety of the time, because she would never do such a thing for him. Which she argued that it should be him carrying her, not the other way around.

"Blimey dad! How far up are we?" Ron asks, excited as he surveys our surroundings, but before he could answer a very annoying voice pipes up, "Well, put it this way. If it rains, you'll be the first to know." Lucius Malfoy chimes, smiling sarcastically.

"Father and I are in the minister's box, by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself!" Draco flaunts and I mock him with a scrunched face while pretending my hand is doing the talking.

"Don't boast Draco," His father scolds and pokes him in the chest with his cane, "There's no need with these people."

"Clearly the bleach on your hair has seeped into your brain," I glare at my cousins and just as Arthur places a hand on my shoulder to force me to walk Lucius places his cane over my hand, "Do enjoy the show, won't you. While you can blood traitor," He smiles suspiciously at Harry, and I scrunch my nose before removing his cane from my hand with my two fingers.

As we walk away, I place a hand over my shoulder and flip off the jerks who is sadly my blood. "I can't believe your related to them, N/n... He called you a blood traitor!" Hermione says with anger in her eyes.

"They are not worth the frustration 'Mione, I had to learned that lesson long ago." I state wrapping my arm around her shoulder, the rest of the way up was a nuisance. But once we arrived in our seats, I realized we were at the very top, the best seats in the stadium, even better than the Ministers box in my opinion.

"It's the Irish!" Fred and George shout as the wind blows my hair and brooms sweep down over our heads, green and white smoke enchanted to fall. The Irish team then dives straight up towards the air, a load of fireworks goes off and begin dancing in the sky in the shape of a leprechaun.

The crowd chants loudly for Ireland, some people booing at the same time, those people supporting none other than the Bulgarians of course. Who dive straight into the dancing fireworks that light up the night sky, Ron begins jumping up and down shouting loudly.

The Bulgarians swoop down, straight through the Irish, ruining their triangle formation. Victor Krum, the best seeker in the world gains speed ahead the other and with one hand lifts himself off of the broom. Doing a one-handed hand stand off of it, not slowing his pace for a second.

"Who's that?!" Ginny asks, shouting over the large crowd of people now chanting Krum's name. "That, sis! Is the best seeker in the world, Victor Krum!" Fred states as his face appears across the stadium and follows him as he and his team circle around it once again.

To be completely honest, I didn't listen to a single word the Minister spoke rather I watched the two teams begin to set up for the match.

"Let the games begin!"

***

Fireworks go off outside of our tent as George and Fred dance and sing the Irish theme song loudly, as they had won the 442nd annual world cup. "There's no one like Krum!" Ron exclaims, stepping between the two of them.

"I think he's got a crush," I whisper to Harry, and he laughs as the twin's circle around Ron repeating "Dumb Krum" over and over again as Ron tries explaining that Krum is like a bird, who soars perfectly or whatever.

I couldn't exactly hear them very well from the noise outside, which Arthur went to take a look at. Which makes me think they aren't really fireworks. I grab Hermione by the arm and drag her away from everyone else. "'Mione, I don't think those are fireworks... Mr. Weasley even left the tent."