~Chapter 31: Black is Back, Back Again~

"What's life without a little risk," Ron reads out loud, then snorts, "think we've had plenty of risks." He says looking down at the photo Papa had showed the four of us just before we boarded the train.

"As much as I would love to chat, I've got a mission to go on." I admit before standing up and leaving our seat on the train.

First thing of business is to hunt down Luna. I've met her before through Neville, we simply haven't remained close, a wave every now and then. Maybe a few words exchanged whenever she's hanging about Nevy and Gin.

But after finding out we're cousins, I know now I've got to get closer to her.

"Hello Y/n, can we help you?" Ginny chimes from the game of wizarding cards her and Luna were tangled up in. "Sort of, I'm here for Luna actually."

"Gee and here I thought you were coming to say hello," Neville chuckles and stands to greet me. I laugh, "Hello Neville." Luna hums, placing her final card, winning the game. "So, you've remembered?"

I blink, "What?"

"That you were there too that day," she says in her normal airy voice. Ginny and Neville look at one another and silently make their leave. I stare at her for a few moments before sliding where ginny was seating moments ago.

"The day my mum died, why of course. Unless you still don't?" She quizzes me and I stare at her in disbelief, "More like I just discovered that we're close relatives."

"Ah, well, that too." Luna smiles nonchalantly. I've always admired Luna and the light feeling she provides those around her, which makes sense since some say the same about me.

"Wait, I was there the day your mum-" She nods humming. "Why can't I remember that... Wait is that why I can see Thestrales." I rack my brain, things beginning to add up. At first, I thought everyone could see them, but when I realized was the few that could. I never wished to say anything of it.

"About four years ago when Neville had lent you that remembrall from his grandmother, it had turned. I realized then you had no idea, almost like the niffles that run about. No one seems to remember them either," She smiles softly.

I can definitely see the slight resemblance between her and me, physically and mentally.

We're also both called mad or mental more than I would care to admit.

"To be honest, my guess is that someone removed the memory. To refrain from you reliving it as I did," Luna says in an even tone, which is hard to me to understand on how. She goes on, "How did you come to find out?"

"Me papa told me. I asked him and he came out with it, something Remus could never do." I say with frustration laced in my voice.

"He likely thought he was doing you a favor, sometimes I wonder if I would have been better off not remembering. Wish they hadn't cut out every memory of me," She gives me a solemn look, except the smile remains.

"So... We hung about often?" I question and she nods in response, "Plentiful times. You would spend a week with us every summer, I suppose it was better than remembering the horrid things that took place."

Just as I go to ask about what she was on about our conversation gets interrupted by the trolley lady.

"You likely should return to the others now, before they come to find you." She smiles softly at me, as I gently rubbing my thumb over the top of her hand. "Really? I would love to chat some more-"

"No, no. I've got a strong feeling they need you right now. Specifically, Potter," She hums pulling her hand from under mine. I slowly stand, dusting my clothes off from the imaginary dust that has taken residence.